It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freedom for empaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
what is it that bonds an empath to others so closely?

i personally suggest that it is because we have lost our way because the world has caused so much pain for so many people, and we have a sort of hero complex, and we have the resources to save people, and so we do what we know is right - we take their pain as our own.

better us than them.

i once stood in the company of every other empath, convinced that that was my identity, but knowing it really wasn't. i was found looking for others like me, simply for the sake of knowing i wasn't going insane.

better me than them.

i now stand in the company of all empaths of the world, convinced of the most simple truth that no one cared to tell me till recently - i don't have to answer "empath" to everyone who asks who i am inside. I AM A CHILD OF GOD. I AM AN HEIR TO THE THRONE. AND I, I AM LOVED BY HIM WHO SETS ME FREE FROM MY BONDAGE TO OTHERS AS AN EMPATH. i will remain an empath for the rest of my days here on earth, but as for my identity, i am no longer "empath", but my identity is found new in Christ alone.

better God than me.

i am here to tell you that now, though it has taken me roughly twenty years to learn this, your identity no longer has to be "empath". you can start anew. this is my place, my position. why hold yourself to bondage to others? when you can live life to the fullest. accept this advice - it will not be easy to transition. but it will be soooo worth it in the end. God bless, and by the way -

better you...than empath

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
i refuse to take from another when i can give. With what i see and how i approch reality i can make no other choice other than to turn it off.

But would you choose not to see? Would you choose not to hear?

I often plug my nose and run out the door though, but you cant always run... i refuse to gouge out my own eyes.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A lot of people think they are empathic when in reality that just have a higher level of perception than most and can sunconciously analyze a persons tells, demeanor, etc.... I do a bit of both. I don't believe I'm a child of the throne. My identity is not empath. I've never wondered if I was crazy. I've developed my craft to the point where I can control it, and I've never given thought to gouging anything out. I do live life to the fullest. I would never choose not to see and hear although I have wished I could lower my IQ by about 80 points so I could be a sheep. I'd love to be able to simply put my faith in a higher power blindly, but for whatever reason I've always viewed it as idiocy. The Bible is a creation of man and much was left out intentionally because it was thought certain gospels would adversely affect the Roman Empire. My faith lies within myself. Nowhere else.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

faith in oneself to me doesn't make any sense when humans will fail you. you have failed yourself on occasion i'm sure. could you please explain why you believe what you do? it may make more sense to me if you do.

and i'm not sure what to think of the second post. it was kind of freaky.

top topics

join