It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti moving 400,000 earthquake victims to new settlements outside the capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Haiti moving 400,000 earthquake victims to new settlements outside the destroyed capital.

www.msnbc.msn.com

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti's government on Thursday unveiled plans to move 400,000 earthquake victims to new settlements outside the destroyed capital.

The first wave of 100,000 people were to be sent to transitional tent villages of 10,000 each near Croix Des Bouquets, a suburb north of Port-au-Prince, Interior Minister Paul Antoine Bien-Aime told reporters.

The minister did not provide a timeline, but Brazilian U.N. peacekeepers were already leveling land at a site where the Inter-American Development Bank planned to help build permanent homes for 30,000 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Title Fixed

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok seams like the re-devolpoment of Haiti is begining. Was this the plan all along? ... or is this the approprate answer to the devistating event..comments welcome. 200,000 dead 1.2 million homeless in a city of approxamitly 2 mill. 400,000 getting moved and who is left? How hard to relocate the rest of the masses and redevolope the area?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here... go to:

"Haiti Earthquake - January 2010, grouped by cluster" (at the bottom) and the PDF should help you sort out funding and projects.

Relief Web - Haiti

ETA:
*section A is also quite helpful, Donations

[edit on 21-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Nice thanks for the link. The first seemed like a bunch of big corporations vieing for control of Haiti's resorces and human consumption base, the second link seems like an actual consorted effort to restore the country which do you believe is the actual agenda?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
everyone was aware that FEMA had earthquake training on the 20th of january. say it in another thread.. also say a videos a couple months ago on setting up/shutting down cities.. inflatable tent cities and how they could get one up quickly... i wonder if FEMA is down there anyone know?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

(A) is a list of donations received. That includes Countries, Corporations, Private Donations, etc. It's everything that has been reported.

The other PDF is proposed or accepted projects that have funding allocated. I believe there is another link that has proposed or accepted projects that are still awaiting funding.

It's a huge amount of information compiled in one place.

ETA:
*as for agendas ... well ... everyone's got one, right? who's to say which one is better/worse than another. I'll leave that for others to take on*

[edit on 21-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

admireable, I admit that I was leaning toward a conspriacy. but hey, is that not what we are here for?

Still seems to convient to me given some of the Corporate sponcers...

Alcoa Foundation

Amway

Argos Cement Company

AstraZeneca

AT&T Foundation

Bank of America

Baxter International

Bayer

Bill and Melinda Gates

Bristol-Myers Squibb

Burger King

Campbell Soup CO

Cargill

Caterpillar, Inc

CIGNA

Citigroup

Coca-Cola Company

Cogeco Cable

Comcast Corp

DELL

Discover Financial

Dow Chemical Corporation

DuPont

Eastman Kodak

FedEx

General Electric

General Mills Foundation

General Motors

GlaxoSmithKline

Goldman Sachs Group

and the list goes on and on....

Ok maybe the richest Corps need the tax deductions and so they donate or maybe the donations are actually earnist. who am I to say.

some pretty ominous names on the list wouldnt you say?

edit to add

Inter-American Development Bank ... say what? never heard of them

[edit on 21-1-2010 by lunchmanstan]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Okay dont flame me please for reply ing to my own post. but after thought is better than forethought..

There are claims that operations funded by the IDB may have adverse impacts on local environments and indigenous peoples. According to the Bank Information Center (BIC), "civil society groups have long been concerned about the negative impacts the IDB's operations have on the environment and on indigenous and traditional peoples, as well as on the prospects for genuine economic and democratic reform in the region." The BIC cites environmental and social damage funded by the IDB as adversely impacting local economies, contrary to IDB's stated goal of fostering social and economic prosperity.

found here

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join