It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air america goes out of business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Air america goes out of business

airamerica.com

It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our Board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the Company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding-down of the business.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I saw this and thought it would be interesting to see others thoughts on how this will effect things.
I also liked the comment about "Air America and its talented team helped millions of Americans remember the importance of compelling discussion about the most pivotal events and decisions of our generation." If they were that popular why didn't anyone listen to them?

airamerica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonsbreaths

Because they were legends in their own minds
For some reason I see them playing the tapes of their shows to friends and family! Liberal superiority does not translate into a show people will tune in for.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, they weren't good enough, weren't smart enough, and doggone it, people didn't like them!

Had to say it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonsbreaths

I'm glad that hate Capitalism,Republicans and Christian Radio is finished.that was some boring S*it!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Air America was a foul company, and I'm glad they are gone.

The Über Libs are gone....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Liberal ideas don't work well in radio format. If you can't have sad violin music and images of starving children to pull on the heart-strings of the listener then the ideas just come off as dumb. I actually tried listening to the station for several weeks last year (year before last maybe) and just never could enjoy much beside the occasional well done political joke.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well they learned their lesson.

Liberals only listen to public broadcasting radio.

And cool jazz.

top topics

join