It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our DNA may have a self destruct mechanism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was looking at these charts about the "Life Span of Biblical Patriarchs
before and after the Flood". Could humans be infected with the genetics of something that was dieing? They mated with humans trying to survive? I'm not very proficient in Bible so someone could enlighten us.

These charts show a decline that eventually we reach zero or it just falls off. Could this indicate a genetic timer? Does synchronicity have anything to do with this?

www.biblestudy.org...

I leave you with a song.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
One thing is for sure....the stuff we eat (in the western industrialised world) contains so much junk that it shortens our life. Than there are the hightened radiation levels around us caused by the hole in the ozon layer. There is proof that in some countries the spermcels of men is deforming and the spermcount is dropping to worrysome levels.

Yes you can say that things are not looking sunny for the human race. But these conditions are not caused by a contamination of DNA after the Flood.

Nice graph tho......S&F

[edit on 21-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

I really have no idea what it is exactly you're asking. I think I get the jist of what you're wanting to know, and the answer is no. In simple layman's terms, speciation is typically considered to have occurred at the point in which two populations of the same species have accrued enough alleles (differences) to prevent successful reproduction.

It is possible for two closely related species to bear viable offspring, yet still not count as successful reproduction if those offspring are sterile. For instance, Zonkeys. These are hybrids of Mules and Zebras, but their offspring are sterile.

So the idea of humanity mating with a different species, passing on "bad genes" to us is illogical in it's very premise. If you want to get a more in-depth understanding of speciation, I would suggest DonExodus's videos which I'll post below.

Speciation I

Speciation II

(There is a cellular self-destruct/suicide phenomena called Apoptosis. However, this is a normal function of cells and is only really remarkable in instances where Apoptosis is blocked or circumvented. Typically, this leads to abnormal and unregulated cell growth which starves/suffocates healthy functioning neighboring cells. I.E. Cancer.)

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

While trying to ignore the post above here, I'll share a little something about genetics understood only recently, but which the authors of Genesis somehow knew thousands of years ago. people of our species are limited to 120 years lifespan.

In Genesis 6:3

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

And according to modern genetics:

Theoretical calculations show that the maximum number of cell divisions with maximum repair of telomeres lead to an estimated maximum age in humans of 120 years. This calculation assumes that the enzyme telomerase is working properly. If this enzyme is damaged by free radicals, shortening of the human aging process can occur.

By Dr. Robert Bibb

Excerpt from www.coastal.edu... at page 7.

new topics

top topics

join