It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuations persist in Calif. as storm tapers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Evacuations persist in Calif. as storm tapers

news.yahoo.com

LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. – A heavy rainstorm that pounded Southern California's wildfire-scarred foothills with heavy rain moved on without causing major damage Monday, but not before prompting evacuations, cutting power to thousands and forcing even Disneyland to close several hours early.
Skies were expected to clear Tuesday, giving Californians a brief respite before the next of three back-to-back storms was expected to sweep into the region later in the day.
Rainfall totals ranged from 1 to 3 inches along the coast and in the valleys, and from 3 to 6 inches in the mountain areas,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow. 20 inches of rain by Friday? That's insane..especially after the long droughts Cali has had the last few years. They are going to get it all back at once.

Is it just me or does there seem to be TONS of natural disasters happening? Earthquakes everywhere and strange weather abound.

Hopefully no one loses their homes to mudslides and flooding. Enough people have lost their homes already without a natural disaster causing it.

Insane times we are living in.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Is it just me or does there seem to be TONS of natural disasters happening? Earthquakes everywhere and strange weather abound.- David9176

Nothing unusual about bad weather in So Cal, I would of been more convinced that nature had it out for us if there was another Northridge quake. Which happened 16 years ago on January 17th.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I live in California, and these storms are way overdue. I remember when I was younger when it was raining 80% of the time during winter, but this winter has been dead quiet until now. Seeing the forecast with the next 7 days in a row having a 100% chance of precipitation makes me want to breathe a sigh of relief. Flooding happens all the time, so there's nothing to panic about, and there's no need to blown it out-of-proportion and call it the next Haiti.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
siiiiiighhhhh

Even bigger storm coming by weekend...

and by me...it will be Snow... already shoveled about a foot here in Northern AZ...

Predicting

5 feet by weekend.....

top topics

join