It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Animal Planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
ok so i am really irked, what happened to Animal Planet?
Animal Planet used to house my favorite shows, The Crocodile Hunter, Jeff Corwin, Wild Kingdom, all the nature shows etc, Planet Earth, Documentarys

now all they show is crap, how to train a bad dog, untamed and uncut, Haunted
what the hell is up with that show, its just like ghost lab except they brings dogs ghost unting with them so its ok to make it a show on animal planet?
what the heck, its dumb
please bring information back to Animal Planet and not Useless crap tv shows, that have nothing really to do with animals!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

please bring information back to Animal Planet and not Useless crap tv shows, that have nothing really to do with animals!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel for you. The same exact thing happened a couple years back on the Discovery channel.

I do have the reason for the changes. It might be a little politically incorrect.

The networks were not happy with ratings so they decided to "attempt" to double fold their viewing audience. And the audience they wanted to attract was women. And if they want to get women in the audience, well...

They have to FEMINIZE all the programming to get ratings up.

And yes that means animal cops and ghosts, medical mysteries arts and crafts , reality TV. and the list goes on.

As for the original masculine programming they started out with, well, Masculin is not " In " these days on cable networks such as animal planet. So we are just plain out of luck.

There, I said it... But it is so true.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

now all they show is crap, how to train a bad dog-|neXus|

Well they figured if they had a show about training dogs, it would be more beneficial for the average house owner, rather then showing wild and crazy safari adventures, and nothing has ever been the same ever since Steve Irwin's death. I myself was an avid viewer of Crocodile Hunter, it was a very informative show.

new topics

join