It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over the hill.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm listening to the news while scanning the board and they are focussing the election next month. Voter turnout continues to drop. So they take their cameras to schools to gauge the next generation of voters, see if this trend will reverse. I personally don't care if it does. BUT, this teen says that voting is important "if you're 18 or 45." WHAT? I didn't get any notice that I have reached old age. I'm not 45, but I'm close and I AM NOT OLD. I don't feel old and I'm not ready to retire or crawl into my casket. Cripes, I could work their butts into the ground. A little respect please. My grandmother is in her 80's and she can work my butt into the ground.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nicely said Intrepid I agree, although i sometimes feel over the hill at 34 hehe.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Your only as old as you feel. Which puts me around 99 some days. LOL Other days I feel 16. And its funny because my kids say I am old, but I am only in my 30's. My oldest brother used to tell me I would see things differently when I "grew up", he was my age when he said that. And thinking about it....he was wrong, I still think the same. People seem to base a lot on age for some reason, I don't understand it. I do understand experiencewise, what they mean, but yet, I don't understand...hell, I am confused now...nevermind...*wanders off in a state of confusion*

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Your only as old as you feel.

Exactly. Hell Im only 24 years old and I still act like I was 18 lol!

But I do feel older on some days. But I dont think its older as much as wiser and more mature.

If growing wiser and more mature makes one "old" then I am getting older every year that passes. At least in that respect.

new topics

top topics

join