It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti- Where bodies go after natural disasters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I saw this video on CNN of where Haitians are putting their dead. In short- average people- are not identifying bodies and just dumping them in random mass graves. While I do not see an alternative to this when their government is in shambles, it makes me sad to hear about it, and I mourn for their families.

www.cnn.com...

CNN's Anderson Cooper, reporting Friday from a mass grave on the outskirts of Port-au-Prince, described seeing hundreds of bodies mixed with garbage in open pits. Some bodies were bulldozed into the half-filled pits.

"These people will vanish," Cooper said in a phone report. "No one will know what happened to them. That's one of the many horrors.

"There's no system in place here. Literally these people here are being collected off the streets, dumped into a dump truck, then brought out here and dumped in the pits," he said.

It also makes me think about what might happen in the United States if something to this degree were to happen. Mass Graves- and hundreds of Unmarked Mass Graves.

I continue to pray for each and ever single one of them, and their families...

[edit on 17-1-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I feel bad for the people who will never have closure because of this;

but i could care less about what they're doing with the dead bodies.

i'm concerned with people who are alive . . . not the dead.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I can assure you it is not being done (mass graves) for the fun of it or for a lack of respect for the dead... there are now major health issues to be concerned about.... concerns that if it were allowed to just run rampant.. it could decimate the emtire country there and spill into the dominican republic...

health reasons is going to be the biggest contributing factor

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

When the magnitude and scope of the disaster came to light I knew there would be mass graves and or mass cremations. At this point Haiti is in survival mode.

Feed and clothe the homeless bring medicine and supplies to bare. Collect and dispose of the dead. It has to happen without too much ceremony [There is just too many dead and not enough time] To wait for a proper buriel is inviting the spread of desease and even more hardship.

My heart goes out to the survivors and for the loss of their loved ones who have perished.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Most likely the mass graves will be burned and limed over then buried as one. That is the harsh, but the TRUE reality of it. As the others have stated...if you don't burn them and lime them, the spread of all SORTS of stuff will occur and that will in turn kill more life....its the cycle we all must face.

new topics

top topics

join