It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a government agent. Honest!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hello and salutations across this planetary communication network we call the internet by fellow theorists! Been a lurker for some time. Got linked here a while ago and seriously, I can't freaking pull myself off of here! It's good to find a somewhat civil group that can discuss these things and only have a minimum amount of lunacy in the general populace, really, it's heart warming and pleasing for me!

I'm a college student and a fairly young one at that but trust me! I'm Not some stupid kid who applies themselves to anything they read. I've read philosophy since I was 14, and now I study it as my major (as well as chemistry and biology). I started with the man that started all western philosophy, Socrates, and I must say he left the longest lasting impression anyone in my life ever has.

"All I know, is I know nothing"

I'm sure you know, that was his motto. And I adopted it as mine as well. Since then I've studied a great deal of eastern and western philosophy in all topics, studied quite a bit on the 5 major world religions, science...what can I say, I believe I'm a philosopher. My mind forces me to seek out knowledge. I love knowledge! And philosophy is the love of knowledge!

I'm as open minded as one can be really. I don't believe science has all the answers, though I wouldn't say religion does but rather spirituality in general is our greatest explanation of a certain unknown we as human can not fully grasp, or takes a great deal of skill, discipline, and wisdom to grasp.

So uh...I guess that's that, there's my introduction. Take it for whatever it maybe to you. I hope in the future I make some meaningful contributions to the community.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Welcome sir

Nobody here will call you a Gov dis-info agent...unless you disagree with them

Not that bad really, Lots to see and learn

see you on the boards

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well if you keep posting like your other post, I have hope for the young in this nation.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Welcome aboard...

For your Safety Please keep all arms, limbs and vital organs in the tram while we are moving. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items. Taking pictures of the indigenous wild life is permitted within the designated areas ONLY!

Upon request ATS will provide the necessary debriefing and deprogramming protocols after each session. It is highly recommended to participate in all applicable threads of your interests.

PEACE

Slay

top topics

join