It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies Emulator (AKA Free Server)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hey guys just popping in to tell everyone about this Emulator I found for SWG.

SWGEmu

SWGEmu is an open source project on a mission to restore the Server Software of the MMORPG, StarWars Galaxies. The official implementation of the game has been skewed and destroyed by its creators, against the will of the players. SWGEmu (Starwars Galaxies Emulator) is working on emulating the functionality of the SWG servers right before the patch, dubbed "Combat Upgrade", was released in early 2005. Players interested in connecting to SWGEmu servers can do so by simply reverting their client to the PreCU version with our patcher. All of the server source code developed at the project is done on 100% pure volunteer time by the open source community. The project is currently in a full development phase, the only available server at this time is our Test Center: Nova. Click on the Experience section to the left to find out why StarWars Galaxies PreCU was an extremely unique MMORPG and why we are working to restore it.

Its great being able to play Star Wars Galaxies again!
(What I consider the best MMORPG Ive ever played)

The server is making great jumps in success! It recently got rid almost all the lag on the server and a ton of bugs are being removed every time they restart the server.

If youre gonna play (I highly suggest it!) send me a tell on my character Pupp and us ATSers can enjoy the golden age of Sandbox MMOs!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Doesn't work for me!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi, sounds like a cool game, I registered in the forums but don't know how to get in the game.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
SWG was my first MMO. I really enjoyed that game. If I had time, I'd check this out.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
WOOOOOOW.....now if this really is a decent stable server and they really work out those bugs, it would make me (and i am sure maaaany people) very happy. personally, stupid combat upgrade and the way they #ed up professions (lets be honest, now everybody is almost the same + getting rid of bioengineer, one of the cooleste proffesions ever REALLY sucked)....anyway, thank your very much, gonna check it out soon, tried SWG a month ago and its just...pathetic...cant help it, now fun when i cant mix my proffesion the way i like it...thx a lot!!!

top topics

join