It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We At Least Get One Thing Straight About Climate Change?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
reply to post by Namron7

Hi Namron

I agree with the spirit of your post that there is a much bigger picture of how we treat our environment. But the Global Warming issue is a good introduction to this and don't underestimate just how much of a serious effect even a 2 degree increase could have.

The big issue isn't even really how much the climate will change - it's how fast. Even a 2 degree warming over the next 50 years could have enormous consequences:

By 2050 Warming to Doom Million Species, Study Says

No science says its warming.

Its been warmer, before humans, and it has fallen right back into glaciation on schedule.

Its been colder, same thing.

There been more co2, less co2, and still....right back to glaciation.

I am against pollution.

CO2 isnt.

Either way there is nothing we can do about climate change, one way or the other.

If you want to talk pollution then rename the thread and get on with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I agree with the spirit of your post that there is a much bigger picture of how we treat our environment. But the Global Warming issue is a good introduction to this and don't underestimate just how much of a serious effect even a 2 degree increase could have.

The big issue isn't even really how much the climate will change - it's how fast. Even a 2 degree warming over the next 50 years could have enormous consequences:

By 2050 Warming to Doom Million Species, Study Says

Your assumption is built upon a highly flawed premise at best. The same models which projected the 30-100 year Anthropogenic effects (Which you are touting here), all failed to properly project a decade's worth of actual observations. This means that anywhere from 1/3 to 1/10 of the models' forecast has been incorrect, and therefore any subsequent projections are also (By default) invalid.

Also, most people don't realize that any alleged "Ocean Rise" observed over the past decades, or "Temperature Increase" supposedly detected over the past 10+ years in certain regions, ALL falls to within the margin of error for the systems being used. So statistically speaking, there has been no change.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Every time I come on this forum I see 15 new posts that go something like this:

"So Global Warming...*wait it's cold outside*...I mean 'Climate Change'...

followed by some combination of:
or
or

Everybody's constantly acting like this is some convenient new term the scientists just made up yesterday to cover their bases on the complexity of the issue. It's apparently the number one argument on ATS for why Global Warming is clearly a scam.

Really all it does is show how many people around here have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

If this is seriously your starting point then you should automatically disqualify yourself from weighing in on any of the more controversial and complicated stuff. Half of you are always jumping on board to bash the IPCC but it really makes me wonder if you even know what IPCC stands for?

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was founded in 1988. Look it up.

Or have a look here at all the pretty reports they've released since 1990. See those big fancy words they put right at the top, even 20 years ago?

My point is just because the MEDIA is calling it one thing or another these days - in the scientific community it's always been about climate change...and that has never ever...ahem..."changed".

You guys are constantly bragging how everybody else is such a sheep and so manipulated by the MSM - well maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror and ask yourselves how much YOU'VE been manipulated by all the counter-propaganda of the not-so MSM.

Don't believe me?

Instead of immediately jumping on this thread to regurgitate some "fact" about Global Warming being a hoax because "climate is always changing", or it's actually cooling now, or "all the planets are heating up" and the Sun's responsible, how about taking a look from the other side of the fence to see how these are all actually purposely misrepresented versions of the truth (even those damn emails). In other words disinfo - PROPAGANDA.

These myths and tons of others have all been debunked many times on this forum - but nobody ever seems to notice because they're too busy giggling uncontrollably every time they hear the words "Climate Change".

Propaganda is propaganda especially from the propagandist who labels the propaganda.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Instead of immediately jumping on this thread to regurgitate some "fact" about Global Warming being a hoax because "climate is always changing", or it's actually cooling now, or "all the planets are heating up" and the Sun's responsible, how about taking a look from the other side of the fence to see how these are all actually purposely misrepresented versions of the truth (even those damn emails). In other words disinfo - PROPAGANDA.

I have taken a look from the other side.

I was all caught up in global warming at first.

I sat down an objectively looked at ALL the data and came to the conclusion I was wrong.

Everything since then has only borne my rethinking as true. ie...emails, the cooling now etc

You just cant admit you were wrong, and still are, while the more enlightened of us can.

Goes for you too melatonin. That video you gave me was a horrible excuse for science. Funny that it was the same guy who missed the 800 year difference trying desperately to still prove he was right...just like you and OP here.

Global warming/cllimate change is over. The one doesnt exist and we dont have the technology to change the other.

Move on to pollution.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by phoenix103

You are showing that your ego is in control of your mind. You think that anybody who questions the science is "undereducated" or "ignorant". Anybody who questions you is stupid. That's how they are using your own ego against you, because you would never want to be affiliated with the "stupids". You will continue believing the lies because you could never admit to yourself that you were wrong.

Maybe one day.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the science. The issue here is that nobody bothers questioning the propaganda telling them the science is a lie. See the above post to watcher for the 43876921360th example of this happening on ATS.

The science that "propaganda" is saying is a lie IS the propaganda. It is not science. It is outright falsified, cherry picked, manipulated data.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Hi again, MC2

Sorry if I seemed a bit fierce/forthright in my initial comment! I agree that two degrees up would probably be a disaster - even if I'm not sure that we'll get there soon. My hobby-horse is that we're chopping the lungs out of the planet, poisoning the seas and killing off species we could probably learn something from (if only by observation).

In other words, I'd be happy to help you get rid of CO2 - even if I didn't believe that it was a major cause of global warming - provided we agreed to do it by re-planting stuff.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The danger of flooding from a quick melt is looming so imminently that the govts of the world are evacuating people from coasts worldwide.

What did you say, they arent? Even though most of the scientists have said were probably beyond the tipping point? Or will it be the next degree, or the one after that...

The clearest sign that nothing is happening is well, that nothing is happening. No evacuations. No warnings. Nothing.

Oh except the carbon credit trading scheme.

I love when people are like "Ive been duped, dupe me MOREEEEEEEEEE PLEASE."

Thats right, the Earth is such trouble, as told by the IPCC and various govts that they cooked up a way to trade carbon for money.

We need saving alright. but its not from climate change. Its from the people who push a false agenda thought their little monkeys. Some of which are posting here.

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of evidence in this thread? I think the OP threw out a couple outdated links, but other than that the real deniers have gone mysteriously quiet.

Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am tired of "Climate Change."

I care not who coined what when.

The point is that it gets cold . . . it is evil and we must prevent it. It gets hot, it is evil and we must prevent it.

Like we as humans even have a say so in Mother Nature. lol

We can't even get the weather of next week correct . . . much less the "climate change" in the coming decades/centuries.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
has anyone seen this, Infiltrate all conspiricy theorists

I like some others here was on side with global warming until I took it on myself to study the evidence, and the more I read the more i find the entire thing to be a fraud. Science is supposed to be as open and transparent as good old clean water, if there is such a thing any more, but it is evident that the science of "global warming, now climate change" is one thing they don't want other informed scientists looking in to, they even destroy data to hide the real findings. Now that in any other industry would be considered illegal and someone would be for the chop, instead the reward people like Michael Mann with even more grants so he can continue his work. Well to all you warmist types please stop shouting your mouth off and look at the science properly, dont listen to what MSM tell you or the supposed IPCC's consensus scientists (which not all of them are scientists and that's a fact) and then come back, I agree that we do pollute far to much, and that is an issue that does need addressing, but the debate for global warming or climate change is over, its a natural cyclical phenomena, it always has been and always will be, so there is no point in trying to hide little bits of information that show that in one hockey stick chart.

Oh and if your one of the people infiltrating such sites as ATS to stop conspiracy theorists, take a message back to you leader will you, Go F yourself please

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842
has anyone seen this, Infiltrate all conspiricy theorists

I like some others here was on side with global warming until I took it on myself to study the evidence, and the more I read the more i find the entire thing to be a fraud. Science is supposed to be as open and transparent as good old clean water, if there is such a thing any more, but it is evident that the science of "global warming, now climate change" is one thing they don't want other informed scientists looking in to, they even destroy data to hide the real findings. Now that in any other industry would be considered illegal and someone would be for the chop, instead the reward people like Michael Mann with even more grants so he can continue his work. Well to all you warmist types please stop shouting your mouth off and look at the science properly, dont listen to what MSM tell you or the supposed IPCC's consensus scientists (which not all of them are scientists and that's a fact) and then come back, I agree that we do pollute far to much, and that is an issue that does need addressing, but the debate for global warming or climate change is over, its a natural cyclical phenomena, it always has been and always will be, so there is no point in trying to hide little bits of information that show that in one hockey stick chart.

Oh and if your one of the people infiltrating such sites as ATS to stop conspiracy theorists, take a message back to you leader will you, Go F yourself please

Well said. BTW, here is the big picture on "Global Warming".
Science and Public Policy - truth here-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join