It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cats don't like tap water anymore..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello,

My name is Steven Chalmers and I have created a solution for cats wanting to drink from falling water.  I call it the AquaPurr.  See www.AquaPurr.net for details.

It is a platform that the cat stands on which triggers the flow of water through a spigot.  It attaches to a faucet in place of the aerator.  The faucet attachment includes a quick disconnect to allow regular use of the faucet.

It requires no electricity and never needs cleaning.

I build and sell these myself.

Thanks for reading.

Steven

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ohh_pleasee

Cats don't like to drink out of a bowl of old water.

Their saliva forms a bitter tasting scum on the surface that they can taste. We have three cats that appear to not like tap water too ... until you turn on the tap in our bathtub and let it drip. So long as the water is from a fresh source, they will drink it.

Try getting one of those bowls that constantly fountains the water. It agitates the water and keeps it fresh tasting for them. You might find they like the tap water better than you think.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: novacs4me
My cat waits by the cellar door in the spring and dashes down to drink the water that seeps up through the floor. If there isn't any water there, he drinks from the sump pump well. We put fresh water out for the cats every day, but he wants the yucky stuff. In fact, if you leave a dirty sock laying on the floor, he will carry it to the water dish and drop it in and then drink.

LOL...That sounds more accurate than than some of the other posts and i think special water for a cat is just FOOLISH. First their life expectancies in nature, i am guessing, is short enough so tap water has zero effect and these are the same animals that in nature eat rats, mice, birds etc.

Basically would be more beneficial to learn the amount of water a cat actually needs since their stomachs are tiny and dont leave water in a bowl to sit out that is enough for 20 cats. Also if you, for whatever reason, have more than one cat use more than one bowl so maybe they dont share a bowl and fowl it up with their own saliva, which apparently is not very appealing.

edit on 15-5-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Our sense of smell is nothing like dogs and cats.
Many cats and dogs will not drink water with a chlorine smell.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join