It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about reincarnation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"If reincarnation does exist" and I say it only if it does. It got me thinking, when people say "why would god let this happen to people" (like people living in Africa, North Korea") I started to think if reincarnation does exist and we go into our bodies, maybe we don’t even see the future before we go into our bodies. Maybe we just take a chance, and not know what will happen to us in this world. People say our soul knows the future before we go into this body. Maybe the risk/thrill in coming onto this earth is not to know the path lead before us but to develop the path when we live here.

Hopefully you guys know what i'm talking about, what do you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You accept everything before hand. yes, everything is planned out. don't take this to heart.

however, you do not understand the experience of physical reality when in the spiritual, vice versa. so really you had no idea in sense what you were up against, only that you came here to accomplish one thing.

that is for you to figure out.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What if the reason that we are reincarnated is because Death is a lie? What if we are intended to take our corporeal body with us when we go, like the old masters? In the bible, Enoch, Yeshua, Moshe', the list is quite expansive when you start studying it. Also, there are stories of Buddhist masters that transcended the flesh and only left their nails and hair behind. The reason for this I believe is like leaving behind a signpost for other soon to be masters. I personally believe that Death is a LIE, and that I will leave this realm of my own accord, when I have attained that which is required for forward momentum in the next realm.
Death then would be like pushing the reset button, so that you were able to pick up (reincarnate) where you left off in your journey toward attainment of that which you seek.
Just a thought for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
You really can't question these types of subjects, because for one maybe GOD doesn't want us to know what is in store for us the next time around. If it happens it happens, I wouldn't ponder on too much. Just live your life now, and complete the story you were destined to live by.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Please forgive the length this reply may get to. Also, what I am about to share will go against most philosophies and Belief-systems (Religions), including much of the new-age stuff you can read anywhere.

I would like to share the knowledge from over 35+ years exploring Awareness in all its avenues and dimensions, firstly with the guidance of a teacher when I was 17 and afterwards on my own, that have brought me to some fairly unique understandings of our nature as Souls, why we choose to incarnate, the nature of death, reincarnation, and what we humans misunderstand and call God.

Before incarnation, we do observe possibilities and probablities for Life Experiences. By doing so we can then choose what life may provide us with the experiences we would like to have. It is a similar process to how we humans develop an Itinerary for Vacations.

I must stress the point that nothing is set in stone, there really is no Destiny, although the life chosen does have paths that can and will lead to particular possibilities and probabilities based on the choices we make in that life.

To get a better mental picture of how it works I ask you to imagine holding a large piece of chicken wire in your hands, you then roll it up diagonally and tightly so that when you look into one end it appears as if thousands of lines cross each other all along the tube.

Now, that tube of wire will represent one life the soul has chosen for itself. You begin on the single strand of wire at one end..Birth.. and as you experience the "perceived timeline" you see that at each point where a line crosses another is exactly where you have chosen to have choices in your Itinerary.

Each choice takes a different path and so on to the end of that tube.. Death. You will notice also that because you have taken different choices leading to different paths, each one will bring You to the end at a different time. So Death is also not set in stone, you do not have a time set to die, you simply die when you reach the end via any of the paths chosen.

What life in the world is for:- It is so that a soul can experience what is on offer in this physical 3D reality in all its manifestations and variations.

Why? Because each Soul is an tiny portion of the Aware Universe we call God. The Universe is learning about itself through all the various portions of itself. It is like a baby growing up and learning about itself and what it is capable of.

The process of incarnating to earth is a very simple one. When a soul chooses to volunteer for having experience in this dense reality it sends a portion of itself into what is called The Akasha..... some people call it Hall of Records, Akashic Records, etc, which exists at the level of awareness Monroe describes as Focus 27. It is at this point that the soul reviews possibilities and probablities for life experiences.

Once it has made its choices it simply "reaches" into denser levels of awareness. To get a good mental picture of how this works you can again use your imagination... pretend that your body is the soul, it wants to experience what is on offer on the world of "computer keyboard". So you now imagine reaching out with one finger to your keyboard (the world), and that tiny part of the finger touching the keyboard is what I call The Contact Patch.. it is symbolic of your human body now being birthed into the world.

As you can see there is no mystery to it all, there is no Higher-Ups making you incarnate or telling you that you are a bad little soul and only deserve a horrific life as punishment for previous choices you made. That is only a Control Drama that has been used for millenia to insure that we humans do not ever Awaken to our real Nature as huge and powerful Souls.

To specific answers:- All souls see all experiences as being Valid. We do not make Value-based judegements on anything as we humans do with our limited perception and awareness. So to a Soul having a life of poverty in Africa is no better or worse than having a rich life in New York, for example.

It is not God who "allows" such things to happen, it is only souls choosing to have expeirences in this dense material world. The same thing applies for every world of experience that is available in this Universe.

I hope this may help to answer your original questions.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

you know, there's also a competing theory to reincarnation, its called "eternal recurrence."

If you've ever seen "groundhog day," it's sort of like that except its "groundhog LIFE"

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin:
Great post. You are one of few that "understand". Sometimes it takes years or a lifetime of seeking....but as Christ said- Seek and ye shall find. I've been seeking for about 40 years...ever since my mother told me of her OOBE NDE during my brothers birth. Since I knew she would not invent such an experience, I knew OOBE's were real at the age of about 10.
Almost 40 years of study later I spontaneously "awoke" to the absolute certainty that I was God. (and yes all you naysayers are God too, you just don't know it yet) This is why we are here! We are God playing hide & seek with ourselves. Now that I've won this particular round of the game...I'm kindof on a happy autopilot mode...living in the moment and letting my higher self guide me to the next level. To all you seekers out there- never give up! If you desire it enough, enlightenment will come. Just remember- YOU are an AWESOME SPIRITUAL BEING who has been alive forever playing this game, and you will be alive forevermore! Death is like a walk to the kitchen for a snack....sometimes even just one step, and voila! you're in the next dimension....laughing with your friends from eternity and planning your next "adventure". As for the seeking? Don't try too hard! You can't force it. It's when you relax that it happens, just ask Buddha.

Namaste!
-Boypony

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Well said.

A friend, Suzy, when asked who she is replies by saying, "I am God playing Suzy."

The Perfect Reply.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Just like to say that I agree with you completely. I have had the same understanding for years and I, like boypony am now just settling in to the wonders that life has to offer and keep myself on track, or or on wire

I was trying to explain to someone on another thread a few days back, and a very simple analogy came to me although rather flippant. I am sure he will forgive me.

God is just playing with his imaginary friends

[edit on 16-1-2010 by kennyb72]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I believe that everyone has the same purpose in life. Which is to learn how to conquer their fears. Once they've learned how to do that, they have unique skills and talents that they can Gift to the world.

We're just children, learning how to get closer to the divinity of conscience.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
god, you people have some skill to take something simple and make it sound as complicated as possible

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tim00
god, you people have some skill to take something simple and make it sound as complicated as possible

If you see a more simple and clear path to answering the question of reincarnation, by all means let's hear it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
it's simple, it's like watching movie. you came here to experience the story, not to write the screenplay. and best movies are with sad endings.
now you gonna say "but but but.." yes, you are right, there are few of those who think movies are gay, and those come here not just to watch moving pictures, they are coming to play. but we usually classify those as psychopaths, mass murderers etc.
well sometimes sh*t happens, and sometimes watchers starts to play, but rarely.
it simple, obvious

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Tim00]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
"If reincarnation does exist" and I say it only if it does. It got me thinking, when people say "why would god let this happen to people" (like people living in Africa, North Korea") I started to think if reincarnation does exist and we go into our bodies, maybe we don’t even see the future before we go into our bodies. Maybe we just take a chance, and not know what will happen to us in this world. People say our soul knows the future before we go into this body. Maybe the risk/thrill in coming onto this earth is not to know the path lead before us but to develop the path when we live here.

Hopefully you guys know what i'm talking about, what do you think?

Thats a unique perspective I don't think I ever heard of. I have heard some interesting thoughts on why did I end up in a horrible country with dreadfull parents? As I have read and what was told to me, we exist in a "post death, pre birth" state where we get to see our true nature. Christian's view the post death state as judgement, and other religions as well. As with so many things about all the three major monotheistic religions, I view that as very simple minded.

Thats not to say if your time on Earth was spent being a son-of-a-bitch there won't be repercussions. But what I found very interesting was the idea that when you die your judged not by God, but by your self. Most people have an idea of whats right and whats not. Knowing this you really don't want to break your own rules. Repercussions could be serious. I think when people die, or should I say soals, who have the biggest problem are those still clinging to their ego (ego in this sense is the almost narcotic like awareness of self) Only when you give up your desire to cling to who you were before death can you move on to bigger and better things.

I think people do chose how they reincarnate. Understanding the reason people may chose to end up in a toilet must involve many factors. I'm to stupid to know all the reasons. But what you want or don't want is secondary to the ballence of creation. If you intentionaly hurt people or animals I assure you, you will in time pay for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Please forgive the length this reply may get to. Also, what I am about to share will go against most philosophies and Belief-systems (Religions), including much of the new-age stuff you can read anywhere.

I would like to share the knowledge from over 35+ years exploring Awareness in all its avenues and dimensions, firstly with the guidance of a teacher when I was 17 and afterwards on my own, that have brought me to some fairly unique understandings of our nature as Souls, why we choose to incarnate, the nature of death, reincarnation, and what we humans misunderstand and call God.

Before incarnation, we do observe possibilities and probablities for Life Experiences. By doing so we can then choose what life may provide us with the experiences we would like to have. It is a similar process to how we humans develop an Itinerary for Vacations.

I must stress the point that nothing is set in stone, there really is no Destiny, although the life chosen does have paths that can and will lead to particular possibilities and probabilities based on the choices we make in that life.

To get a better mental picture of how it works I ask you to imagine holding a large piece of chicken wire in your hands, you then roll it up diagonally and tightly so that when you look into one end it appears as if thousands of lines cross each other all along the tube.

Now, that tube of wire will represent one life the soul has chosen for itself. You begin on the single strand of wire at one end..Birth.. and as you experience the "perceived timeline" you see that at each point where a line crosses another is exactly where you have chosen to have choices in your Itinerary.

Each choice takes a different path and so on to the end of that tube.. Death. You will notice also that because you have taken different choices leading to different paths, each one will bring You to the end at a different time. So Death is also not set in stone, you do not have a time set to die, you simply die when you reach the end via any of the paths chosen.

What life in the world is for:- It is so that a soul can experience what is on offer in this physical 3D reality in all its manifestations and variations.

Why? Because each Soul is an tiny portion of the Aware Universe we call God. The Universe is learning about itself through all the various portions of itself. It is like a baby growing up and learning about itself and what it is capable of.

The process of incarnating to earth is a very simple one. When a soul chooses to volunteer for having experience in this dense reality it sends a portion of itself into what is called The Akasha..... some people call it Hall of Records, Akashic Records, etc, which exists at the level of awareness Monroe describes as Focus 27. It is at this point that the soul reviews possibilities and probablities for life experiences.

Once it has made its choices it simply "reaches" into denser levels of awareness. To get a good mental picture of how this works you can again use your imagination... pretend that your body is the soul, it wants to experience what is on offer on the world of "computer keyboard". So you now imagine reaching out with one finger to your keyboard (the world), and that tiny part of the finger touching the keyboard is what I call The Contact Patch.. it is symbolic of your human body now being birthed into the world.

As you can see there is no mystery to it all, there is no Higher-Ups making you incarnate or telling you that you are a bad little soul and only deserve a horrific life as punishment for previous choices you made. That is only a Control Drama that has been used for millenia to insure that we humans do not ever Awaken to our real Nature as huge and powerful Souls.

To specific answers:- All souls see all experiences as being Valid. We do not make Value-based judegements on anything as we humans do with our limited perception and awareness. So to a Soul having a life of poverty in Africa is no better or worse than having a rich life in New York, for example.

It is not God who "allows" such things to happen, it is only souls choosing to have expeirences in this dense material world. The same thing applies for every world of experience that is available in this Universe.

I hope this may help to answer your original questions.

>>> Tayesin

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank you Woody.

Sometimes the information seems too simple for most people to understand, but I hope that more people will begin to see through their Indoctrinations and feel the truth from within.

Be Well Friend.

new topics

top topics

join