It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Victim In Kennesaw Shooting Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- A third victim in Tuesday's workplace shooting at a Kennesaw truck rental business has died.

Wellstar Kennestone Hospital said late Wednesday afternoon that Roberto Gonzalez, 39, of Dallas, was pronounced dead. The hospital said Gonzalez continues to remain on life support in order to pursue organ donation per his wishes.

Meanwhile, a judge denied bond Wednesday for the accused shooter.

Police charged Jessie James Warren, 60, of Temple, with two counts of murder, and five counts of aggravated assault.

Warren went before a judge at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning. He was ordered to remain in the Cobb County Adult Detention Center without bond.

Warren asked for a court appointed attorney. His next court date is set for February 9.

Van Springer, 59, of Woodstock and Jaider Phillipe Marvlanda, 43, of Lawrenceville also died of injuries sustained in the shooting.

Joshua B. Holbrook, 27, of Rome, Ga. remains at Wellstar Kennestone Hospital in critical condition.

A Penske spokesperson, Randolph Ryerson, told CBS Atlanta News that the victims were either employees or contractors who had some connection with Penske.

Warren worked as a mechanic with Penske since 2005, but was laid off in July 2009. Penske officials could not confirm the reason for the layoff, but noted it was not due to the economy.

Cobb County Police spokesman Joe Hernandez said Warren was dressed in all camouflage and walked into the Penske truck rental business at 3011 Barrett Lakes Blvd. and began firing a handgun. Police said the victims were all shot in the head. Police said Warren had a confrontation in the parking lot before entering the building.

"He wasn't here for very long and it wasn't long before he was taken into custody," Officer Hernandez said.

Warren was taken into custody without incident a short time after the shootings. Hernandez said Warren was arrested less than a mile from the scene on McCullough Parkway at West Duncan Road.

Warren was later taken to the Cobb County Adult Detention Center where he was booked Tuesday night. Warren could make his first appearance before a Cobb County Magistrate Judge Wednesday morning.

Family and friends of the victims said they are the news spread quickly.

"My cousin, he let me know what happened. I drove straight to the hospital and I found out my cousin is dead now," said one man who did not want to give his name.

CBS Atlanta talked to Manuel Gonzalez, Roberto Gonzalez’ brother, about Warren. Manuel said he used to work with Warren and can't believe he's accused of such a violent attack.

“I don’t know he is just like any other dude. I didn't think it would come to this,” said Manuel Gonzalez.

Police said Tuesday afternoon that they weren't sure how many shots Warren had allegedly fired.

A man who witnessed the arrest said the suspect looked "out of his mind" and "all drugged up."

"The cops walked up on both sides of the truck, he opened the door and they threw him on the ground. He pretty much just gave up," Michael Robertson told The Associated Press.

Penske said it was a very traumatic day.

"We want to extend our deepest concerns and sympathies for the victims of today's shootings," Ryerson said.

Gee, I wonder what is going on?

I will tell you in plain straight lanugage.

Now, I do not condone violence in any way shape or form. I do not own a gun, raising our three sons, we would never hit them (though the oldest one really deserved it) and I would never hurt another person. I am a peace loving non violent person who does not think violence is the answer.

But

And this is a big but

I understand what is going on and why this type of "incidence" is going to increase.

Read the post on ATS, "I can't stand what America has become".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A country full of money seekers that will do anything to everyone else to keep that little cube job, including selling your soul for the Corporate Elite.

There is a select small group of people who are calling the shots.

The CEO's and Corporate Owners are sitting down at the table and cutting themselves 3/4 of the pie and leaving the 1/4 of the pie for the "pions" (the rest of us) to fight over.

And

The majority of people have drank that corporate kool aid and believe this is well and okay (sheeple / corporate drones).

So many people with no health insurance, forclosures, outsourcing, homelessness.

We sit back in apathy and watch, "Dancing with the stars" and read, "Twilight" and turn our backs in apathy at what is going on. We stand silent and watch as our fellow man is screwed, and screwed and screwed over yet again and yet the majority of people don't care until it hits home.

And believe me, TPTB have decided it is going to hit home, unless you are one of the "corporate elite" it will hit your home eventually.

It doesn't have to be like this but it will continue as long as everyone thinks "Oh but this won't happen to me, so I don't care".

Well, we are all interconnected, like legos and what affects you affects me and vise versa.

My company is outsourcing and my bosses, while they will eventually lose their jobs have sold their souls to the Company Store, lock, stock and barrel.

It's being done all over America and you dear reader will eventually be affected, don't kid yourself.

But, keep turning your back on another's misfortune, keep saying the mantra, "but this doesn't affect me" and before you know it we will (most of us except the 1% haves and have mores) will be living in grass huts and eating rice.

Times have changed, it is time the common man banded together and demanded that Corporate America and our Lobbyist in DC get a divorce.

Research David Sirota's "Hostile Take Over".

The enemy is not "over there" - he is within.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's the interconnected element you have alluded to that gets lost on people to be sure.
Whether it's TPTB or the sheeple it's just astounding how people miss that.
Even if you break down an entire system it doesn't matter as long as it's not yours.
WE are the property. WE are a separate system from THEM. They don't care if we self destruct; we are not elite.

That being said this is a tragedy that involves a crime of one sheeple against other sheeple. Sorry if that sounds incredibly callous and tragic. But crime is not eliminated because crime serves the purpose of the elite.
It keeps sheeple killing sheeple. We keep our own numbers down.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

People who thought that the bad things like no job, bad health etc. etc. etc., wouldn't happen to them is happening to them. As I have said before on other blogs I say here. This is the reason why they have signed the martial law provisions, because they know when this economy implodes along with the dollar people will go crazy. People who have been given the wink and the nod that you vote this way and/or that way and YOU will be on our team have been sold a false bill of goods. They have been lied to and when the hammer comes they will know it. Can you imagine if one day you wake up and find out that you can't get money out of the bank and in order for you to get to a safety deposit box you have to do it in the presence of an IRS or govt. official (confiscations). And then what dollars they will allow you to take (ration) will lose value and so a gallon of milk may end up being 10 dollars a gallon or more.

We are going for a ride and it will be nasty. This man finally realize what free market is (which ours truly isn't), and that is the company and/or your employer is free to get rid of you if he wants to.

join