It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talitha koum!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Isaiah 57:1 says, "The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil."

In a three year period, three beautiful eighteen year old girls, with everything going for them have all died tragically from car accidents from the small town of Millersport Ohio, where I live. One named Elizabeth died three years ago last week, two plus months ago another named Gabriella, and yesterday I buried my baby girl. All were good girls, with 4.0 gpa's and they all lie side by side at our local cemetary.

Though I know my daughter has gone on to a place where there is no pain or sorrow, we are devestated. I've been trying to sort this whole thing out in my mind but no matter what I'll never understand any of it. I keep going back to the above scripture in Isaiah and can't help but think something very evil is about to come into this world.

She flipped her Jeep into a ditch, on an icy road last Monday afternoon. A man stopped to help her. He said she was up and out of the Jeep brushing snow off of herself. Another car lost control and hit her and somehow she ended up pinned under her Jeep with no way to breathe. She was on every prayer list we could find. I had her baptized. We took her off the propofol and talked to her spirit when she would be most responsive. I washed her feet with the tears from my eyes. And I took her by her beautiful little hand and spoke the same words Jesus spoke, when raising a child who had died back to life: 'Talitha koum' which means 'Little girl, I say to you, get up.' I begged. I pleaded. I moaned. I told God I would gladly take her place if he would only give me the chance. I asked him to turn back time. Nothing worked.

When the large city in my County received her obit, they were impressed with her accomplishments and requested to do a front page feature on her. I'm not a prolific poster here, but I have been part of this community for a few years and I would just like to share the article with you and ask that you keep myself and my family in your thoughts and prayers at this time.

My little girl

Also, here is one of the songs we played at her funeral and if you guys want to add some pretty songs to this thread, that would be nice. Anything to lift my spirits.

Sailing (Rod Stewart)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead."

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

"As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change."

Bhagavad Gita 2:11-13

[edit on 11-1-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I tried to find a song appropriate for your thread and have so far come up empty. Your daughter had the eyes of an angel and a smile to match. From the sound of it, she gave 100% of herself to her existence. As the father of an 18 year old daughter, I can only imagine the pain that must exist. I truly believe that God is with her and she will watch you and your family with the smile of an angel until she meets up with you in person.

The two songs I last listened to when trying to find something to put here were "Where eagles fly" by Van Halen/ Sammy Hagar, and "Live like you were dieing" By Tim McGraw. The first made me think that she might be soaring as an angel in the heavens looking down on the earth. The second made me think of all the things I put off because I am too busy. Like spending more time with my family. As I said, I am not sure they would be appropriate to cheer you up since I cried like a baby listening to them.
God bless you and your family.

Mike

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That was so sweet. Thank you so much. Both the artists you mentioned are awesome and I'm going to go to you tube to take a listen to the songs you thought of. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I just found this thread. I don't browse much.

I'm sure you'll be at a loss for awhile. I will think of you and family and the two dogs too.

As for bad things coming, I've heard people say before, "This would have torn ___ apart, a mercy she missed it." You won't know until something of that magnitude happens. I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This song always gives me hope.

I hope it does you too

Semper

join