It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profiling: Stupid is as stupid does

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I received this email the other day:

ALL EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ...ARTICLE IN SPANISH NEWSPAPER ON 1/15/08

The following is a copy of an article written by Spanish writer Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez and published in a Spanish newspaper on 1-15-08. It doesn't take much imagination to extrapolate the message to the rest of Europe - and possibly to the rest of the world.

REMEMBER AS YOU READ -- IT WAS IN A SPANISH PAPER
Date: Tue, 15 January 2008

ALL EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ
By Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez

I walked down the street in Barcelona, and suddenly discovered a terrible truth - Europe died in Auschwitz. We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims. In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity, talent. We destroyed the chosen people, truly chosen, because they produced great and wonderful people who changed the world.

The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art, international trade, and above all, as the conscience of the world. These are the people we burned.

And under the pretense of tolerance, and because we wanted to prove to ourselves that we were cured of the disease of racism, we opened our gates to 20 million Muslims, who brought us stupidity and ignorance, religious extremism and lack of tolerance, crime and poverty, due to an unwillingness to work and support their families with pride.

They have blown up our trains and turned our beautiful Spanish cities into the third world, drowning in filth and crime.

Shut up in the apartments they receive free from the government, they plan the murder and destruction of their naive hosts.

And thus, in our misery, we have exchanged culture for fanatical hatred, creative skill for destructive skill, intelligence for backwardness and superstition.

We have exchanged the pursuit of peace of the Jews of Europe and their talent for hoping for a better future for their children, their determined clinging to life because life is holy, for those who pursue death, for people consumed by the desire for death for themselves and others, for our children and theirs.

What a terrible mistake was made by miserable Europe .
A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.

Absolutely No ! Pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test.

These events are actual events from history. They really happened! Do you remember?

HERE'S THE TEST:

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:

a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs
b. Davey Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

(cont.)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jo rdan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?
So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story 'Forrest Gump' so aptly put it, 'Stupid is as stupid does.'

--

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I do not like being played and manipulated. I hate it when near-sighted Neanderthals with an agenda result to hate- and fear-mongering to sway others into their own simple-minded dogma. It's easy to present one-sided arguments on the premise that there is no other side. Profiling may or may not be wrong in all cases, but when it is based on ignorance it does nothing but spread FUD.

I'd like to offer my own multiple choice terrorist quiz:

1) In 1963, John F. Kennedy was assassinated by:

A. United States Marine and self-proclaimed communist Lee Harvey Oswald.
B. Not a Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40.
C. All of the above.

2) In 1965, New York Police thwarted an attempt to dynamite the Statue of Liberty, Liberty Bell, and the
Washington Monument by three people who were:

A. Members of the pro-Castro Black Liberation Front and a Quebec Separatist.
B. Not Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.
C. All of the above.

3) In 1966, NAACP leader Vernon Dahme was assassinated by a firebomb, exploded by the:
A. Ku Klux Klan.
C. All of the above.

4) In 1995, Oklahoma City bombing kills 168 people, 19 of them children; the most deadly act of domestic terrorism in the United States to date.

A. A white United States Army veteran and security guard.
C. All of the above.

5) In 1973, a New York City transit detective is killed and ten law enforcement personnel are shot, four by machine gun, during the year mostly in and around New York City by:

A. The Black Liberation Army.
C. All of the above.

6) In 1977, in Manhattan, New York the offices of Mobil Oil and a building containing US Defense Department security personnel were bombed, killing one person and injuring eight others in the Mobil offices. In addition, the group warned that bombs were located in thirteen other buildings, including the Empire State Building and the World Trade Center, resulting in the evacuation of one hundred thousand people. Five days later, a bomb attributed to the group was found in the American Express (AMEX) building. The group was:

A. Puerto Rican nationalist group FALN (Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional)
C. All of the above.

7) In 1978, this man kills three and injures 29 in a string of anti-technology bombings including the attack on American Airlines Flight 444.

A. An American mathematician born in Chicago, Illinois know as the Unabomber.
C. All of the above.

8) In 1981, one person is killed in an explosion in the toilets at the Pan Am terminal at New York's JFK airport. The bombing is claimed by:

A. The Puerto Rican Resistance Army.
C. All of the above.

9) In 1984, this group spreads salmonella in salad bars at ten restaurants in The Dalles, Oregon to influence a local election. Health officials say that 751 people were sickened and more than 40 hospitalized.

A. A group inspired by the Indian mystic Osho known as the Rajneeshee cult.
C. All of the above.

10) In 1985, a car bomb explodes in Beirut, killing 80, injuring 175. The plan was executed by:

A. "Rogue elements" of the United States Central Intelligence Agency.
C. All of the above.

11) In 1988, this person was arrested at a rest stop on the New Jersey turnpike in possession of pipe bombs on his way to New York. He was:

A. Japanese Red Army terrorist Yu Kikumura
C. All of the above.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
12) In 1996, a bombing at Centennial Olympic Park occurred, killing two and wounding 111. The perpetrator was:

A. Eric Robert Rudolph, former explosives expert for the United States Army.
C. All of the above.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

Excellent Post. Great points and all true. I am sure some people will be offended but sometimes the truth hurts. Thanks for sharing the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thats a pretty broad brush that article paints with. So much hate and bigotry to go around I think I'll play the peace and prosperity side of things. If a terrorist wants to blow me up all the power to him. It wont win him any support and all hes done is mess about with my carbon based shell.

Some of my friends believe in Islam and I certainly couldn't call them ingorant extremists or unintelligent. Compassionate and friendly maybe. I dunno maybe its a trend to hate blindly. I've never been up on trends.

We could profile every race, religion culture on the planet as ignorant extremists if we wanted too. I suppose its just the islamic relgions turn now.

What a mad world we live in.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

That "thing" (I'm not going to call it an article, because it doesn't deserve that title) is simply....outrageous.

The claims made in there go from ignorant, to stupid. I honestly can't understand why a european would have such a vision of Europe. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT (not calling ignorant, but each country teaches history the way they do see fit) if an american wrotte that article, I wouldn't be surprise, since the US was a safe place for jews to go to in WW2 (Einstein, for instance).

But a spanish guy, saying all those things? It's a shock to me, to say the least.

The jews in europe are no better than any other culture, and no country is better than the other.

People tend to forget that America was populated with people from Europe and Africa, and more recently from Asia.

We're not all that different from eachother, and mostly in Europe, we can trace back our origins to a common point.

destroyed the chosen people, truly chosen, because they produced great and wonderful people who changed the world.

I'm just guessing, but I bet this guy is jew, just because of this quote. I mean, "truly chosen"? He points the finger at extremists, calling them fanatics that destroy the world, and after that he says "the truly chosen people"?

This is not a cry for truth, this isn't a statement of tolerance and peace. That article is just a pray to the side that the author believes in.

The jews weren't wiped out from the face of Earth. They still exist, and guess what, they exist in a place where people die everyday from a STUPID war, just because they think they can take whatever they think its theirs. I'm not pointing that they have (or not) the right to own the land they claim, but even if they have the right to own it, or live in it, the way they are making things IS NOT THE WAY OF A CHOSEN PEOPLE, whatever is the "one" choosing it.

Where are the great minds? Where are the great accomplishments? Where are the world changing events, where those jews are now? War? Walls? Children dying? Children putting bombs in their body and blowing up buses? Is THAT the consequence of the actions of a choosen people? Why do people keep refusing that the "right or wrong" depends on which side of the wall are you, and when will people realize that what the "choosen people" are doing now, is not THAT different from what was made to them in the past? Is that the consequence of the actions and policy of a country lead by a group that is the very best of the european culture?

If it is, and I don't believe in any letter that author said, than humanity doesn't even deserve the next breath any of us would take.

The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art, international trade, and above all, as the conscience of the world. These are the people we burned.

Einstein was jew, he scaped to the US. He was one of the responsible for the Atom bomb. Is that the work of a member of the choosen people? (I'm not accusing Einstein of anything... I'm just stating some flaws in the author logic.)

What about Galileu? What about the naval discoveries? What about the space program? What about ALL THE OTHER renown scientists, authors, genius and GOOD PEOPLE that exist in the world? Are they less of a Human because they are not jew?

What about the african people? Hate him or love him, what about a race that was living in slavery for CENTURIES, and now has a born child as president of a world super power? Don't they deserve the credit?

What about the Japanese people, that went from believing a human-god to being nuked, losing all hope, so they now are one of the biggest technological powers in the world?

What about the OTHER germans, that now have a country that is also one of the worlds greatest powers?

Are those people LESS of a human because they weren't burned in Auschwitz? Is a african child, dying from all sorts of inhumane ways, LESS of a genius, human, or anything else, just because she isn't jew, wasn't born in WW2 and her parents weren't in a gas chamber?

Religion, race, nationality are nothing, absolutly NOTHING compared to the nature of Humanity. Pull it the way you want, say whatever you feel... We are Humans, and we are one, like it or not.

Wars and all the other crimes agains humanity, are almost nothing compared to the true crime of not seeing that we're all the same.

Calling others extremists, calling them less-human, responsible for all the troubles in the world, for blowing up trains and so on, is SAD! Is sad because it shows that the person saying that doesn't realize that we're all to blame for all the mistakes made by any human. The pain and suffering from one is the joy of other, and one cannot exist without the other.

The tear that this guy is dropping, is the smile on other person face, and while that is happening now, maybe in the past it was the other way around.

Maybe, just maybe, what goes around, comes around.

Sorry for the 100cents, but that e-mail really upseted me.

[edit on 12/1/10 by Tifozi]

top topics

join