It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen or Boiling?

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just wondered what sort of weather conditions were being experienced, first hand, no MSM hype, so let me know whats going on and where you are from.

I'm in Dudley, UK and its -1, its currently snowing quite heavily, the roads have not been gritted, and the MET Office failed to forcast heavy snow tonight.

I know Northern Europe and North America anre in the grips of a big freeze, but the southern hemisphere is having unusually hot weather, strange patterns seem to be imurging.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I live in north west Victoria in Australia and its currently 41 celsius in the shade .
This is not unusual for this time of year though , will get a lot hotter heading towards feburary , it usually does .
Cant wait for winter though , it rarely gets to 0 over night and the days are pretty much perfect imo

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Brisbane, Queensland Australia.

It has been relatively cool (for summer) over the last few weeks and we've had the best rain I've seen in a long time.

Today is back to the hot and humid Brissie I am unfortunately used to (mid 30'sC).

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here in Wisconsin it is 8 above zero, Fahrenheit. Also not unusual for this time of year. Actually I would like more snow. Though it has been unusually cold in Texas and Florida.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

la2

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
here it got down to -14 a few nights ago, its unusually cold

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm in Brisbane, QLD, Australia, and it's currently 29.5 C. *touch wood* we have had a really mild summer this year, and the last few mornings have been cool enough to cover myself in my doona, we had a few really hot days in november, but it seems to have passed, and we've had ALOT of rain over christmas/new year. It's been lovely to be honest. Nothing like what the poor buggers down south have been going through!

(ill add the highest temp where i am today was at 11:54 and it was 30.0 and the lowest was at 4:50am and was 19.6)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Manchester, England: -15. Let the snow fight commence

la2

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Manchester has had alot of the snow, and the cold, its moving north from here so if its not snowing already you have some more coming.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I wish to retract my above statement of "mid 30'sC" and put forth a revised stab in the dark of low 30'sC (OK my stab in the dark may have had some light shed on it ).

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Omaha NE, record snow fall last week, and super cold. Friday high of 5 degresss. Had some wind chills at -27 last week. It was warmer today with a heat wave of 23 degrees.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here in Adelaide, South Australia ... it's currently 40c.
That makes it 4 days in a row with temps at or above 40c.

Wouldn't be far from the truth to say that you could leave a metal tray out in the sun for a short time, then chuck some prawns and a steak on it and have a bbq !

[edit on 10/1/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I live in Hawaii, USA and its currently 78' F.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

And I bet you have a really nice tan and are sipping out of a coconut. I hate you. (only kidding, I am however jealous, it is going to be in the teens tonight here in GA)

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

It's 29f here in Central Florida, USA. I've seen it get colder a few times over the past 35 years. However, can't remember ever having a winter where we had this many freezing cold days in a row. Usually we will have a few nights in the 30s or below each year but the days usually also warm up to the 60s of 70s. The past two weeks have been ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Here in the San Francisco Peninsula the weather is nice. High 50's during the day and low 40's at night as measured in F. Sorry about you poor people freezing and/or broiling around the world. It seems that unless you're in our place here the weather just might suck.

top topics

join