It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to use New Bomb on Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's called MOAB, short for "massive ordnance air burst" bomb. It is a modern, bigger version of the 15,000-pound "Daisy Cutter" used in Vietnam, the Persian Gulf War and Afghanistan.

Sources say MOAB � still experimental � is a 21,000-pound bomb that will be pushed out the back of a C-130 transport and guided by satellite. Because it is not dropped by parachute, as was the old Daisy Cutter, the aircraft can let it go from far higher altitudes, making it safer for U.S. pilots.

The MOAB's massive explosive punch, sources say, is similar to a small nuclear weapon.

It is intended to obliterate a command center hidden in tunnels and bunkers or a concentration of Iraqi tanks.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It won't be experimental after this war. Man, this administration really wants to kill Saddam, regardless of how deep he has already buried himself. Only problem is that Islamic/Arab will react to it...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'd fully expect that anything "worse" would simply demoralize the Iraqi soldiers witnessing it completely... As for reaction, you won't see any footage of this thing being used...it'd be rated NC-17...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
omg - a 21,000 lbs. JDAM-like bomb.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wonder if they've got one of their new high tech explosive fills such as CL-20 or LLM-105.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
hopefully they'll release the footage of it. if not i'm sure there are plenty of us talented ats dudes that will be able to find something.
that will be incrdibly devastating if and when we use it. lol what if one blew up in the c-130

top topics

join