It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Racism Accepted By Obama In His Own Party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Back in 2002 this was Obama's position to Trent Lott's "When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either." comment.

Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D-13th), who hosted WVON's Cliff Kelley Show, challenged the Republican Party to repudiate Lott's remarks and to call for his resignation as senate leader.

"It seems to be that we can forgive a 100-year-old senator for some of the indiscretion of his youth, but, what is more difficult to forgive is the current president of the U.S. Senate (Lott) suggesting we had been better off if we had followed a segregationist path in this country after all of the battles and fights for civil rights and all the work that we still have to do," said Obama.

He said: "The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott. If they have to stand for something, they have to stand up and say this is not the person we want representing our party."

Source.

And now this is his position concerning Harry Reid's "a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,"" comment.

"Harry Reid called me today and apologized for an unfortunate comment reported today. I accepted Harry's apology without question because I've known him for years, I've seen the passionate leadership he's shown on issues of social justice and I know what's in his heart. As far as I am concerned, the book is closed."

Source.

Why is racism more acceptable to Obama within his own party, than it was back in 2002 in the Republican Party? Does he hold his own party to a lower standard, so racism is acceptable in the top leaders of the Democratic Party?

Also, should Harry resign his Senate Majority leadership role? Back in 2002 Harry agreed with Trent's resignation over his comment.

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) in 2002 agreed with former Sen. Trent Lott's (R-Miss.) decision to resign his leadership role after Lott made what some felt were racist remarks at former Sen. Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday party.

"He had no alternative," said Reid at the time claiming, "If you tell ethnic jokes in the backroom, it's that much easier to say ethnic things publicly. I've always practiced how I play."

Source.

If Harry did 'practice how he played' then shouldn't he resign his position in the Senate immediately?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

"I know what's in his heart.

Since when did this make any difference? When people oppose the current health care reform bills, they are accused of being racist by people who have not a clue what is "in their hearts".

What I liked was Reid saying he didn't think the quote would be used in the book. As if that changes anything!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The answer is obama is a hypocrite with no moral conviction or compass plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Another thread on Reid here.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How come the media was so in shock with Lott's comments, and just shrug their shoulders to Reid's?

Anyway Reid is done. If he was smart he would take the opportunity to retire from the Senate and avoid the landslide defeat in his 2010 re-election bid.

top topics

join