It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe in ghosts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can say, I definitively believe in ghosts. Since I was born basically I have spent time at my dad's best friends house in rural Alabama. He had three kids about my age, and every other weekend I would spend the night there when they were visiting him as terms of his divorce. Well I dont remember the "first" time something happened there but I do remember many "events". They are not in chronological order because thats not how my brain remembers things. Its more like I think "ghosts" and every instance I remember of such activity floods my mind.

Background: My dads friends house is very old, possibly late 1800's, plantation era hre in the south. It was built by his great grandparents and given to him by his father when he married. It is in the edge of the woods and there are several "sheds" bordering he property that were misc. work shops, etc.

I remember at a very young age being told that the noises I heard at night were ghosts by my dads friends oldest son. He said his dad told him that they were his great great grandparents. The ones who built the house. But I never knew why they didnt move on.

One time myself, and my dads friends two sons were playing hide and seek in the cabinets of the house when a bottle of apple cider came off the top of the fridge floated across the kitchen "20 ft" and crashed into the wall. It didnt fall off it hit the opposite wall. And we were all too short to reach it, it definetly floated.

Once we were in the living room, when we heard "marbles" rolling around on the kitchen floor. We ran in there and there was nthing there, NOTHING.

One day we were sitting in the living room watching TV when my dads friends camcorder turned itself on as it was sitting on a nearby table. We saw the red light turn on, then off. We took the tape out and put it in the VCR...July 4th beach trip...static...us sitting in the living room staring at the camera....static...

The TV flips channels when the remote is sitting on the table and if you leave a light on in a room youre not in, it turns itself off.

My dads friend sleeps in his recliner because the ceiling fan in his bedroom rocks during the night, it used to be a screen porch that they framed in.

One time we were horse playing, I jumped on my friends back, and he slammed my but through his bedroom wall. That night we saw blue and orange "lights" in the hole.

The floors creak like footsteps all the time.

And most importantly every day when my dads friend leaves for work he pushes all the kitchen table chairs in, but when he comes home the two end chairs are pulled out. No one else lives there, as I said he is divorced and his kids only come over every other weekend.

In all my years visiting the house I have never had anything try to hurt me and I have never felt "in danger". What do you think?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sounds like he has a spirit there to me. Almost all of them are harmless. They just sort of live in the same space. A lot of the times people get scared because they don't understand it, so it scares them. Thats where the danger feelings some get comes from. IMO.

About 7 years ago or so, I had a very good friend of mine who had died several years beforehand come to me in a dream to tell me she was doing ok.(after she had died I took it pretty hard so this was to give me closure) And one things she said to me was that she was in a period of waiting. She said she was staying at her old house where she has lived before, but had moved out a few years before she died. She also said that it was because during her life, it was the place where she had the happiest memories.

Often I have wondered if that house isn't "haunted" now by her spirit.

I don't know if that helps, but in my mind, it helped me to understand "hauntings".

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That seems to be a good reasoning, I just wonder why some linger behind and some move on right away, after all it has been probably 50-60 years since my dads friends great grandparents died. But I guess time doesnt matter when you dont have the physical limitatins of the body.

[Edited on 5/25/2004 by zsandmann]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't know the answer to that one yet. I wonder a lot of things about the spirit world. I'm still learning on the subject.

From what she said, and what I have read from other people and experiences, I think a lot of it might depend on a persons beliefs before they die. I'm just speculating.
She was a catholic. Seems to me don't they have a pergatory or something? What she said was she was waiting to go someplace better, and until she was going to go, thats where she was going to stay.

top topics

join