It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. believes 1 in 5 ex-detainees joining militants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Atricle

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A classified Pentagon assessment shows about one in five detainees released from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay has joined or is suspected of joining militant groups like al Qaeda, U.S. officials said on Wednesday.

The disclosure comes amid revelations that former Guantanamo detainees had joined al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula -- a Yemen-based group believed to be behind a failed plot to blow up a U.S. passenger jet on Christmas Day.

I just saw this not too long ago. With all the torture stories and harsh conditions, its no wonder some go back to the fight. I dont really know how I would handle the situation. Seems to be more pressure on the goverment now that this information has came out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The US believed that Iraq had weapons off mass destruction,
The US believed that Osama will be caught,
The US believed Barack Obama when he said there would be change,
The US believed that there was nothing wrong with slavery.

They can believe what they want, but it would take an awful lot to convince and prove they are right, plus with the torture and inhumane things that happened to these people i dont blame them what so ever.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wazthewazzock
The US believed that Iraq had weapons off mass destruction,
The US believed that Osama will be caught,
The US believed Barack Obama when he said there would be change,
The US believed that there was nothing wrong with slavery.

They can believe what they want, but it would take an awful lot to convince and prove they are right, plus with the torture and inhumane things that happened to these people i dont blame them what so ever.

Mate, if you could change a few of those from US, to the US Gov....

Alot of us, quite a few didn't believe any of that BS....

Although, till I came to ATS I really thought Osama would be caught.... eh, my bad....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I cant remember where I saw it, it was a comedy, where a guy at Guantanamo is being interrogated and they say over and over to him whats your agenda and such and they just repeat it until he goes insane, and then eventually they say theres evidence hes innocent and will let him out, then change their minds, and ask him how he feels. And he says he wants to kill them, and they go see! I knew you hate America!

I mean if they actually WERE innocent people being detained they certainly would hate whoever wrongfully punished them... it would take a very strong heart to forgive and forget years of your life gone...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How do you turn a goatherder into a terrorist?

Lock them up in some dark hell hole for a few years of "enhanced interrogation."

Works every time...

new topics

top topics

join