It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hubble Images After Big Bang!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"Hubble's discovery indicates galaxies formed millions of years earlier than astronomists previously thought."

Pretty dang amazing...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Astronomers use a lot of speculation in their data. This has proved evident time and time again. "we were wrong" Is all i ever hear. At least they admit it. Perhaps it would be better if they just admitted that they have no idea what makes the universe tick. While i do understand the concept of trial and error. I do not understand what they are trying to proove. I guess im just a pessimist. Only when it comes to NASA though.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
double the pleasure, double the fun, double mint double mint gum!

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 5-1-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Very interesting. Shame Hubble couldn't see an extra half billion years further, cause then we should see the big bang itself.

s&f

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel

Very interesting. Shame Hubble couldn't see an extra half billion years further, cause then we should see the big bang itself.

I believe this is the problem. They (NASA) spend billions of dollars making new telescopes to study different things. Why dont they just make one HUGE (huge to the point of "overkill") telescope and send that up?

You know..... IF you only make 5 dollars a day and thats not enough, save your money for a month and buy something big. (If your a parent youll understand)

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Originally posted by yizzel

I believe this is the problem. They (NASA) spend billions of dollars making new telescopes to study different things. Why dont they just make one HUGE (huge to the point of "overkill") telescope and send that up

I don't think you have an appreciation for the scope of the telescope. When they first sent it up, it was blurry because of a micron thin aberration in the focusing lens. something like 1/1000th of an inch off in thickness. It took several years to fix it. The fact they upgraded again is awesome.

Look up some info on the Hubble.. it's an absolutely amazing piece of work and I'm sure the several hundred, if not thousand, people that worked on it would read your post and have a nice chuckle at how people with little knowledge have real big statements.

b

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Ok. So why do they waste money on something that they know is not going to be enough?

top topics

join