It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death caused by a "compelling unknown force" - Dyatlov Pass Incident

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: traditionaldrummer

Why extraterrestrials? How about them hearing an avalanche occurring and scattering with extreme urgency?

Can you please provide a source where an avalanche ripped people's tongues out of their heads? Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Infrasound seems logical. There was a bad storm that night which can cause infrasound. Infrasound can also produce many bad symptoms in humans such as fear and disorientation.

It is definitely a mystery but I am not willing to go the UFO or Yeti path. Nature itself can do many things that are unexplainable so until those avenues are totally exhausted (to which many of the official investigation records are still classified) I just simply can't go paranormal. It is too intellectually lazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Have you not considered wildlife?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

anybody who get the Science Channel, as I type this a installment of "The Unexplained Files" is currently rerunning the show that deals with this.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ok, I got a new theory. I thought it might be a huge Bear, but this checks more logic boxes:
Thundersnow. Thundersnow is when temperatures change quickly just like in a normal rainstorm, except during a hard Blizzard. It does not happen frequently, but it is not uncommon. I'm basing this on the pictures they took before the incident, and the reports of "lights in the sky". Also, the pictures show a huge Blizzard falling. The pictures of their prior camps showed them digging down close to earth where they set up their tent, and spiked their skis, and poles, deep and hard in the snow, Safari style. Those skis, even in the 1950's Soviet Union would have hardened Steel bare edges on each side of the bottom, running the whole length of the ski, from curved point, to the rear-end, for turning on Ice. There were like 8 people with two skis per person, yielding 16 very effective lightning rods. I Googled "Snow as an Electrical Insulator" and it says, yes it is non-conductive when not wet or not melting. Since the whole mountain was covered in snow, they exposed a lightening flash-point. The camp may have been set on a vein of an Iron seam that reached deep in the ground. Mountains are usually strata pushed up, exposing a Iron, or Metallic mineral seam laterally. Sicne they camped on a high Mountain, the charged clouds would have literally enveloped them.
I have experienced Thundersnow many times in Northern Michigan. There are not many lightning strikes as in a rain storm, only a few very large strikes. The whole atmosphere lights up around you, and you hear a muffled rumbling. I have never been near a strike point, but I have seen a 2-foot diameter Pine Tree that was hit. The whole thing was shrapnel-ized, like a tactical nuke went off inside of it.
I think their camp got hit by a large bolt of lightening, or maybe more than one. When lightening hit, the air in the strike area can reach 10,000 Degrees F. The camper's ribs/lugs were collapsed by the explosion over-pressure in the tent, and around the tent. They could not breath and and ran down the hill to get away from any more potential future strikes. Several of them had burns, and the electric arc would have gave them a sun burn just like an arc-welder. The one girl who had blood in her lungs probably bit off her tongue when the lightening hit(When they electrocuted criminals they used to put something in their mouths to keep that from happening). The fist Injuries were probably fighting madness on each other when they were fighting for command and control toward the end. The Missing flesh body parts were probably eaten by animals after the fact.
The witnesses from off-the mountain said they saw bright lights in the clouds(like lightning would produce).
In Closing, the investigator said there was high radiation in the area. The old Style Radiation Meters used an electron tube that static, or if a high electron charge was present, would produce a false positive reading.
The best way to prove or disprove my theory would be to clear the camp site of vegetation and probe the ground for evidence of "Fulgerites". Fulgerites are ground Soil that has been melted into glass in columns of lightening that would still be there to this day.
P.S. No one should ever camp there during a weather change again, and I am sorry it's still not the Mother Ship.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: EHowardHuntClub

That deserves more than one star from me.
Excellent theory and one that makes a lot more sense than the others. It certainly accounts for the "unnatural force" .
I can easily imagine this scenario and the ensuing panic. The fulgarite, if found, would nail it for me. I'm not much of an adventurer myself but people seem to disregard the weather conditions. In that situation it would be just a short time before exposure finished them off. I've heard some silly theories but being injured, panicking, confused and snowblind in that temperature, I really wouldn't fancy my chances.
Good one.

Just a side note but can anyone point to any source that describes the condition of the skis and poles? A lightning strike may have left some detectable damage?
Cheers.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join