It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Muslim tried to kill a cartoonist, What if a whitey were to kill Abu Hamza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We have heard the news that the cartoonist that depicted Allah with a bomb has survived an assasination attempt by a Muslim (apparently with al-qeada) connections.
Lets contemplate for a minute what would happen if a muslim were to be killed for slating the west, Everyone would be so scared of offending muslims that they would allow it to happen.

Although i do think the fact he wasn't killed, and the fact it was blamed on 'al-keada' could just be Al-keada fearmongering, i am mearly asking for opinions on a role reversal.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I see you are in the UK, so let me put it this way.

the west is getting the piss taken out of us all the time!

what would happen? well if all those white militias are as dangerous as the US gov. would have you think then where are the killers?

and dont sat McVey because that was 15 years ago.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Im sorry but i do not understand what your trying to convey.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I expect the person in question would be tried for murder as is appropriate under the uk legal system.

You dont get to kill people just because you dont agree with what they are saying. If a Muslim tries to kill someone they will get arrested for it.

What is the point of this thread its just mindless racism. People try to kill each other all the time for all kinds of reasons. In the case of the cartoonist he pissed off some muslim extremists and they tried to do him in, that happens, there are all kinds of people you can piss off and they will try to kill you.

Obviously we have a problem with Extremism across the board and that is what we should be addressing.

This Us and Them attitude is just going to lead to more bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Originally posted by GW8UK
Any thoughts?

I sure hope the 'Muslime' in your title was a typo, because, otherwise, I'm pretty certain that things like that make 'us' more like 'them'. Not terribly helpful.

*whistles*

[edit on 5-1-2010 by loam]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What the OP was clearly trying to get at was the notion that if the shoe were on the other foot would the Muslim reaction be in kind.
One could say that the way in which this assaination attempt was handled is pretty judicial, he will face his day in court with soem serious charges, the news outlets feared us up a bit, but that was the extent of it as of now.
What i believe the OP was trying to ask was if it were the other way around would the Muslim reaction be the same?
My answer no, the "whitey" as you so Chis Farleyianly put it would be executed, more than likely publicly if occuring in a radical state, if occuring lets say in the UK, the riots and protest would surely rob some person of their life.
History has shown us that radical islamists due radical things.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just to let ya'll know, the 'Muslime' int he title is clearly just a typo, god knows whyyou were trying to invoke a reaction from that. Also i created this thread just to see what kind of replies i would get, Hack28 you've got brains friend i envy you, the other replies however tried to say that im a racist or had racism in mind.
This is a problem im finding at the moment you see, People inciting racism in anything, If you step back and view the world aas i do you would see everyone equal, although i do feel the Quran is very misleading and teaches the wrong messages.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Just to let ya'll know, the 'Muslime' int he title is clearly just a typo, god knows whyyou were trying to invoke a reaction from that.

Well, you have to admit, it is an unfortunate one. Moreover, now that it has been pointed out, why not correct it? Would still appear to be within the edit window.

...the other replies however tried to say that im a racist or had racism in mind.

If by others you mean me, I suggest you read how my post was positioned again.

This is a problem im finding at the moment you see, People inciting racism in anything,

That point might seem more sound if it had not been for your unfortunate typo.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is more than off topic but.... I didnt know how to edit thread titles, as i have made a cockup before in that department, but as im sure you can see ive learnt how to do it now thanks to your help

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Yeah, that is pretty much the lay of the land around here. Regardless of your points or information given you will be labeled a racist if your opinion seems to favour one more than the other. Even if in reality your stance is against any form of terror regardless of race/religion. There is always a race/religion killing another and the one doing the killing will always defend their own actions.
If you have not there is a member called December_rain, he/she puts together alot fo information and facts they really do their homework. Inevitably after about 3 posts someone shows up calling him a racist when they never look at the research. Nature of the beast.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

No worries...

Now to the core of your initial post...

Yes, I think it likely that there would be a massive reaction by extremists. That, in the end, is our principle problem....extremism.

It really isn't a 'Muslim' thing, imo.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by GW8UK

No worries...

Now to the core of your initial post...

Yes, I think it likely that there would be a massive reaction by extremists. That, in the end, is our principle problem....extremism.

It really isn't a 'Muslim' thing, imo.

This is a great point, just as i am sure everyone here has ahd a discussion with someone who shared a similar belief to you but you felt like they had kidnapped it, stole the meaning, radical muslims need to be seen as a subset of this religion. The religion was hijacked by manipulative people hwo saw the strict devotion involved in the religion and used it for their own sick opportunistic reasons. Dont let the hijaking of the muslim religion condem all thsoe who practice the faith.
cheers GW

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have also often pondered this in my fleeting and wandering mind's eye. It would seem that if there were a true "reverse-terrorism" event, where a non-muslim or "infidel" purposefully attacked a Muslim target, be it a mosque or what have you, based on religious reasons alone I fear would cause mass rioting as other have suggested.

In my wondering of what we can do to stop radical Islamists from doing their terror bombings I have often wondered what effect it would have if a counter-Islamic extremism group began to bomb Muslim targets. Perhaps a bombing of mecca during their pilgrimages? Or a nicely placed bombing in the mosque on the temple of the rock?

I often wonder what effect this would have on the situation and the jihadist movements. I fear however that this would simply incite more to the "cause".

Radical Islamicism against the US is a beast that has been around for much longer than what many here claim. It did not start when the US armed the Taliban in Afghan against the USSR. It did not start when Bush Sr. went into the Middle East.

In fact, the Islamic extremists started this fight back in the US's infancy. You see, it was during the time after the revolutionary war that Islamic extremism against the US began. We are talking the 1780's here.

Allow me to bring about a story of the newly born US. You see, prior to the revolutionary war, the colonies of the US, and more importantly their merchant ships, were under the protection of the British navy. Once we signed our declaration of independence, the US lost the British navy's protection. For a short time however we had the protection of the French Navy, largely due to Thomas Jefferson's pull with the French. However, once the revolutionary war was over, and the French went home, it was the US that was left with no protection for its merchant ships.

It was during this time, the late 1780's, that the US started encountering our old friends from Tripoli. Tripoli at this time was part of the Barbary coast, and was part of the Barbary pirates.

The Barbary coast had an estimated 3 million christian slaves. The Barbary coast also had a very large pirating organization that flew under the flag of Islam. They plundered our merchant ships and they killed and ransomed many from the united states. It was during this time that the Pirates were even so bold to tell the US that they had to pay almost 10% of the then US GDP monthly to allow for "safe passage".

Thomas Jefferson could no longer deal with the pirates, and thusly created the US navy, and the US marine corp. Jefferson sent the US marines into Tripoli, and kicked the # out of them in the Barbary Wars.

The United States Marine Corps actions in these wars led to the line "to the shores of Tripoli" in the opening of the Marine Hymn.

History as it seems would show that the Muslim Pirates of the Barbary coast attacked the US first.

That is it for the history lesson. I would now say in closing that I believe that the world has forgotten history and the world has somehow seen the Muslim and Islamic extremists as someone that "we" have pissed off and that we deserve everything coming to us for it. How wrong they are.

Islamic extremism is not going to stop until every nation on the earth is under sharia law. That is the way of Islam, and it is the ultimate goal if islam, period.

There will be a final battle, and I for one, am not going to sit by and watch from the sidelines.

and now for the disclaimer:

Please do not take this as any direct threat to any of the aforementioned parties and/or locations. This should be taken as a thought experiment only, and not taken in any serious manner.

edited for spelling and disclaimer

[edit on 5-1-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Amazing thing is MANY who kill/MURDER will be aligned on the same team. This makes NATAS HAPPY for he gets to see individuals who hated each other above ground fight side by side SERVING the beast IN THIS FINAL BATTLE FOR THE SOULS/NECRO ENERGY GOOD AND BAD. Imagine seeing the same individual you killed for whatever reason being intentionally positioned next to you in the SPIRITUAL BATTLE this is why NATAS LIKES WARS. Very easy to see who may be on their way.

[edit on 1/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What is the "whitey" was Muslim?

Are all Muslims non-whiteys??

I understand the original premise of your post. It is just unfortunate that you had to wrap the question around an unnecessary racially divisive term. I find it a bit confusing that you are equating race with religion. .

top topics

join