It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armageddon is close at hand!!! Repent you sinners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So i have numerous religious threads, and some may contradict each other, im not a big bible reader, but i decided to one day, The bible, may not be Inspired by God, or written for us but still i can help to think of all the things it has predicted that have come true, especially with regards to the "Last Days" here is some interesting things i put together enjoy!

1 Matthew 24:3-14
While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Today we can clearly see, that there are many different people,religions, saying that they have the truth, they have jesus backing, but none yet has been able to save mankind? war has always been prevalent in the history of the world, but not like today, the scale of war is worldwide, almost to the point of global disaster, especially in the past 100 years since the first world war began in 1914,

There has been a trememdous amount of people disregarding the bible, saying its false, saying religion is bad, misleading christians and other religions alike. today more than ever. many religions are preaching, and spreading news of God and Jesus, to the world, in revelations, it talks about earthquakes and other natural disasters that will increase, and we have certainly seen that.

so maybe the Bible is wrong, maybe its not, but it can be used as words of wisdom if not anything else

[edit on 5-1-2010 by l neXus l]

Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I was under the impression that these things were all supposed to take place during the lives of the people that Jesus was talking to. Yet every generation since has believed that the end days would be during their life time. I understand that we have more reason to think it will happen during our lives than any previous generation but then again.... it could simply be a story written for the people during Roman times.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
thats a really good way to look at it! maybe it was just a story, people can find a way to apply anything to their lives, and present situation

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think it's a cop out in all honesty...we don't have to take responsibility for our actions because we are in end days...I think if people start doing good for good and not for a book or a deity we'd be in amazing shape

The fog of religion is hideous IMO

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love this stuff.

I work in what can only be referred to as a mixed environment.
Picture 14 MIS geeks in one room. One is a lay preacher and one a pastor. The rest run the gamut from atheist to lapsed this, that, and the other.

As I understand it, the pastor will head up to heaven in a big flaming Cadillac while I wave from below in a flaming Lincoln. I'm told I will have to develop a taste for brimstone but it doesn't sound tasty.

I'll miss him, but we [insert epithet for heathens] have to stay and do our part too.

I truly respect your right to believe whatever you like. But there's no reason we can't all laugh together.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Look, You are going to die. I am going to die. Everyone who reads this is going to die.

Why the fascination with when. Just live your life like tomorrows the day, and you just might enjoy yourself.
You are going to die..........but will you ever live?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The ones that still have things to learn will only relearn. Parents dont ever stop loving their children...even when they havent found their way yet.

All returns to its source of origin. Yes people should do what is right...but not because the end is at hand...but because they have understanding that this is who they want to be and why choosing a more 'prime' way is how they want to live.

God has understanding...and then shows us what we didnt see. We relearn...we arent punished. We do have to reap what we sow...so for some, Im sure they experience their own hell. But this is temp. not eternal.

new topics

top topics

join