It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENGLISH/WORLD excluding America, Fantasy REAL Football League...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
First off.. Sorry for puttin this in a US sport forum.. But us English KNOW what US stands for as English slang..
This year is a real toughy for the european cup and world cup.... But for the sake of fantasy land; who would make your cut??? And what odds do you put yourself on each game??? Who is going to win the England (and most important) premiership? What team would YOU field if you were the manager and had the money?? Who do you rate as the best? Worst and overated? Who has the best fans?

It certainly aint my team; West Bromwich Albion... But Im sure we would trash Newcastle FC in a home game....

Dont let me being a bird put you off...

Come on guys (and girls), what say you????

[edit on 073131p://f28Monday by Selahobed]

[edit on 073131p://f30Monday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance, but here in Canada, I really don't hear about the sports over the pond.

But I will put my Maple Leafs up against them all...

GO LEAFS>>>

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

You could in ice hockey!! Teeth flying all over the place lol.. But football is not called the beautifull game without reason... And that is grace and skill... Im sure my Canadian cousins have that in spades... But not in football hey???

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Uefa Champions League Barcelona most likely. I would not mind if a Bundesliga team took it though just to have someone different win it.

World Cup most likely Brazil. I will pull for the United States and then England if the United States are eliminated.

English Premiere League Manchester United most likely. It will be Arsenal , Chelsea, or Manchester United, one of the usual teams. Drogba is headed to the Africas Cup so look for Manchester United to pick up ground.

Fantasy Land

Strikers , Rooney, Drogba, Kießling ,Torres
Midfielders, Lampard , Gerrard, Arshavin, Ivanschitz, Messi, Ballack
Defenders, Dunne, Terry, Beckenbaur , Vidic , Marquez, Puyol
Goalkeepers, Adler, Ochoa

Best Players, Rooney, Messi, Vidic, Adler
Worst Players, Hard to say who is worst and who is the most disliked.
Most overated, Kuyt, Crouch, Carr, Reina

Best Fans is hard to put a finger one, Newcastle has great support but Newcastle fans have to be the most pessimistic in the world also.
Manchester United seems to have the top attendance week in and week out.

Personally I support Newcastle and its been a rough decade. Newcastle is playing crap football and still managing to lead the fizzy pop league.

West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United played to a 1-1 Draw at the Hawthorns back in August. The rematch is January 18th at St James Park.
6 points seperate the teams at the top of the table by then who knows it could be a tie at the top of the table, should be an interesting game.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Yeah, i live half an hour away by car from St James' Park so am gonna be there for that one!! Maybe see you there huh??

"Best Fans is hard to put a finger one, Newcastle has great support but Newcastle fans have to be the most pessimistic in the world also.
Manchester United seems to have the top attendance week in and week out. "

I agree up to a certain point with the Toon Army, but the proper ManU supporters FROM the area cant even GET into the ground because of corperations buying the seats to shmooze clients and southern softies who dont even come from the area????!! I HATE ManU anyway lol...

I dont agree with Lampard in midfield.. The french T**t keeps putting penalties in orbit, the last one was seen over Norway knocking out a russian missile test causing that spiral lol...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Only way I get to St James Park anytime soon is if I win the lottery or something, I am in the United States LOL.

Happens in all sport I think there is too much money in it so you have all these corporations buying up the seats while the real fans have to sit at home and watch it on the tele, or go into debt to buy tickets for the family.

top topics

join