It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEY!!! Just another introduction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hey everyone. Explinfin here.

I just wanted to do a little introduction.. I am a blogger and I run an alternative news & documentary website as well. Both links can be found in my signature.

I write about all sorts of topics, probably topics that people who lurk around this place would enjoy, so feel free to check them out. It also really helps a guy out if you "thumbs up" them on stumble upon, facebook, digg, delicious, myspace, redit, etc.

I guess to make this post a little more interesting I will leave you with a sample from my blog. Here is an article I wrote a while ago.

--------------------------------------------------
Why You Should Learn To Write With Both Hands

I have secretly been practicing writing with my left hand. I am going to learn to write with both hands equally as well, and here’s why I think it’s a good idea:

Aside from the obvious reason being that if I injure my right hand and am unable to write with it sometime in the future I will already know how to write with my left hand and won’t have to struggle trying to learn at that point. Let’s hope that never happens, but most people think that is the only good reason to learn to write with both hands. Well it is not the only good reason or even the best reason to learn to be more ambidextrous.

“By teaching both sides of the brain, society could look forward to a wonderful new world of two-handed, two-brained citizens, with untold benefits for health, intelligence, handicrafts, sport, schoolwork, industry, and the military…If required, one hand shall be writing an original letter, and the other shall be playing the piano…with no diminution in the power of concentration.”

-John Jackson

It’s been shown that people who are more ambidextrous, or mixed handed, have thicker corpus callosum development in the brain. The corpus callosum is the tissue that connects the two halves of the brain (the left and right hemispheres). People who are mixed handed have also been shown to be better able to ‘read people’ and recall details better than left or right handed people.

Many of you have probably heard that the left brain controlls the right hand and the right brain controls the left hand. What many folks don’t know is that the left side of the brain is responsible for logical, linear, rational, analytical, and objective thinking. The right brain is responsible for intuitive, artistic, creative, holistic, and subjective thinking and looks at ‘wholes’ instead of parts. So, most of us right handed people are likely going to be more left brained thinkers. The benefit of learning to write with both hands is to work both sides of the brain and to be a more “whole brained” thinker. I suspect that learning to write with my left hand may help improve right brain functions.

Learning to write with both hands will help develop a thicker corpus callosum and may increase abilities in artistic, creative, and intuitive areas. I learned a lot about the functions of left/right brains when I did an intense 2 years of Remote Viewing training. I think that learning to write with the left hand will increase ability to do Remote Viewing as well, but this is just speculation at this point.

To learn to write with my left hand I am going to write out the alphabet and the numbers on a paper every day. Today will be the first day, and I have recorded a quick little clip of the first attempt on youtube, so have a look at that. I will do another video in a month or so to show the improvements.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Heh. That was pretty neat.

I have a question for you. Are good piano players ambidextrous? Because they use one hand to play one thing and another hand to play another thing. I ask because I just started learning the keyboard and damn it's hard to do that but after only a little bit of time it becomes far more simple. Also, how fast does the connection in the corpus callosum go when you start learning?

Anyway. Welcome in.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Explinfin

Hi, that was a very interesting introduction and you got me thinking about something that never occurred to me before. I'm sure we will have much to contribute to the boards.

Welcome and have fun.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments everyone.

I'm not sure how fast the brain develops while practicing using your other hand, I would think that each individual would be slightly different.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. If you like my writing above you should have a look at my blog in my signature... you should share it and thumbs up it and digg delicious facebook myspace stumbleupon it whatever it is that you do.
That would help a guy out a lot! Thanks

top topics

join