It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Secret ICE Castles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
America’s Secret ICE Castles

"If you don't have enough evidence to charge someone criminally but you think he's illegal, we can make him disappear." Those chilling words were spoken by James Pendergraph, then executive director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Office of State and Local Coordination, at a conference of police and sheriffs in August 2008. Also present was Amnesty International's Sarnata Reynolds, who wrote about the incident in the 2009 report "Jailed Without Justice" and said in an interview, "It was almost surreal being there, particularly being someone from an organization that has worked on disappearances for decades in other countries. I couldn't believe he would say it so boldly, as though it weren't anything wrong."

The challenge of being unable to find people in detention centers, documented in the Human Rights Watch report, is worsened when one does not even know where to look. The absence of a real-time database tracking people in ICE custody means ICE has created a network of secret jails. Subfield offices enter the time and date of custody after the fact, a situation ripe for errors, hinted at in the Schriro report, as well as cover-ups.

Mods, I checked to see if anyone had posted this because it's very disturbing to say the least. Someone had posted it previously here but when I click on the link, it returns a 404 error. Now, I really don't know what to think. Was it removed because the article's not legit or for some other reason? You do know that one of the explanations for the 404 error is this one: On rare occasions there will be content that the "powers that be" wish to deny you. In these cases, you will often find a wall between you and the content you seek.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
America’s Secret ICE Castles

"If you don't have enough evidence to charge someone criminally but you think he's illegal, we can make him disappear."

The absence of a real-time database tracking people in ICE custody means ICE has created a network of secret jails.

Relax the only people who are disappearing in while in American custody are poor undocumented people with no money and no connections.

Thier own country doesn't even want them.

If you goto a foriegn country you as an American tourist can disappear as well. However, if you have documents with you and money you will probably be left alone. That is if you don't piss of the wrong people in this country. Like American patriots.

join