It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange happening, wanted to share experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
OK, this happened to me last thursday night, at the time i didnt think much of it, but i was just reading a thread on something similar happening to someone else...

Here goes:
I was driving home at around from a friends house and another friend of mine was following. We hit a fast stretch of road (80km/h) and a car got in between my friend and I. I sped off at 90km/h figuring my friend would meet me at mine, the car behind me must've been goin around 60km/h coz i lost his headlights around a corner and my friend still behind him for all i knew.

Ok now i think i need to explain the road we were driving on. Its pretty much a long country road (i live 20-30 mins from the house we were driving from) with a few bends here and there. There are plenty of overtaking opportunities. The road is pitch black (no lighting) and the only light came from my high beams.

I drive a 3.8L V6 (lots of power) my friend was driving a Suzuki Seirra (4 cylinder, small 4x4, not much power) and the car between us looked like a red 80's model hathback of some sort (possibly ford laser, or similar 4 cylinder car).

Anyway here i am zooming along this road (yes still over the speed limit), and a few minutes after losing my friend and the car between us i come across a suzuki sierra, just like my friends, going at about 70km/h. Thinking it was just a coincidence i proceed to overtake this slow vehicle and as i pull to the other side of the road i see a red hatch a few metres ahead. This is when i figured something wierd had happened. As i pass the suzuki i look in the drivers window to see my friend looking out at me in amazement. i pass both cars and get home ASAP.

When i friend arrives about 5 mins after me we both pretty much said the same thing to each other at the same time...

How did he get ahead of me? I know the road better than him, there is no short-cut he could've taken, i saw no other cars on the road coming from either direction, let alone two cars overtaking me, my car is more powerful than both cars. My friend thought i was playing a trick on him, but i assured him i wasnt and that somehow he had gotten ahead of me without me slowing down or either of us realising.

Another point is i had music playing as well and i didnt notice it skip or anything, it was flowing constantly. It feels like i dissapeared for a short time (the exact timing i'm not sure i didnt really check the time but it had to be at least 10 mins for him to get that far ahead of me after being so far behind).

Has this happened to anyone else before? i know there are stories of lost time or what not, abd these tend to be blamed on alien abductions. But i'm not too knowledged on these things (i have an interest but as you probably noticed i rarely venture into the UFO/Aliens Forum). Would i be abducted for like 10 mins?

Any Ideas?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hope somebody comes up with an answer coz I have regular lapses of about 10-20mins and just thought it was me. I am thinking of hypnotic regression for the lost time, but have been advised it can be dangerous, especially if abductions did take place.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't have anything constructive to say, but I had to say something...

Maybe it's the stuff you're smoking??

ps.. I'm jealous. Can you take me to YOUR dealer?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
LOL i wish i was wasted coz then i could just say i pulled up to a service station to get some munchies and just forgot about it... but i wasnt stoned, in fact i hadnt actually smoked, drunk or snorted anything for like a week or two.

I thought it may have been just a blackout, but i realised i was driving so i would've crashed (even if somehow i managed to saty on the road, how did my friend get ahead of me without realising).

I figure my car must've turned off somehow and something happened, as the music was played continuous, not like i left the car with it running. I'm sure there has to be some sort of logical explanation for this. But it kinda freaks me (and its not the first tmie something has happened while driving that has freaked me, but the last one i think is normal).

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
hmm sounds like you drove into a worm hole because you passed your friend twice. but then again what do I know

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Many times I arrive somewhere I am driving to without any recollection of driving the complete route. Maybe you just got into your jams or were preoccupied by something and did not notice yourself slowing down, or your friend speeding up and passing you.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ive waken up in different dimensions before just after i went to sleep. well at least its what seems to be when i think of it. your storys are all very similar to mine. ive had many counts where id wake up thinking i had a certain schedule for my day. when really i had just taken a nap before.

once i woke up and went complaining to my grandparents about a baseball game and how we were gonna get 1st place. and really in my head it was saying we werent gonna get 1st place.

it totally felt like if i had just got out of a game in reality. but what was the reason why this happened is what i wondered. during the time i felt younger as i woke up with the intention of playing a baseball game. i felt ALOT younger.

it was when i was younger that i actually played baseball.

if anyone has anything else theyd like to discuss u2u me.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Perhaps you went into a time warp which didn't slow you or the car down but made everything around you speed up. When this happens you wouldn't be able to see other people and other people wouldn't be able to see you.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Sounds all sci-fi to me... My friend didnt pass me, he confirmed that, he thought i would've been ages ahead (as did i). I guess this is just gonna be one of those things that i never know what happened... it hasnt happened to me since and hopefully not again. I'm thinking about getting hypno-therapy to account for the lost time.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I dunno what to say. It's odd.
One time something similar happened to me. Leaving point A to go to Point B, friend goes first I left a few minutes later, same route, I get there first. he says he didn't stop anywhere, I have to take his word on it.
Best not to think or worry about it to much.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hypno therapy would be cool, but costs a lot. If you REALLY wanna know if something else happened and you lost some time, that would be a way to check. that was a very ODD experience btw, I have no idea how that could happen. Not any rational explination unless you dozed off maybe. But you would think your friend would of seen you slow down. Very very odd.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
LOL i wish i was wasted coz then i could just say i pulled up to a service station to get some munchies and just forgot about it... but i wasnt stoned, in fact i hadnt actually smoked, drunk or snorted anything for like a week or two.

I thought it may have been just a blackout, but i realised i was driving so i would've crashed (even if somehow i managed to saty on the road, how did my friend get ahead of me without realising).

I figure my car must've turned off somehow and something happened, as the music was played continuous, not like i left the car with it running. I'm sure there has to be some sort of logical explanation for this. But it kinda freaks me (and its not the first tmie something has happened while driving that has freaked me, but the last one i think is normal).

Dude, my dad experienced something like that once a long time ago. Granted, he was in a drunken blackout, but when he came to, he found himself at home(half a state away), and bloody. with a knife wound in his side. So, I'm guessin if he can drive in a blackout, that you can too. I think it happens because driving has become second nature, and you yourself said that you know the stretch of road that you were on well. Interesting experience in any event.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Look what you experianced though sounding utterly impossible isn't. To give you one example that may ease your mind. Theres a place in the Highlands of Scotland where if you park your car on a hill, and take the handbrake off your car rolls UP the hill!!! I can't recollect there being a valid explanation for this but guess what...IT HAPPENS...so simply because its not explained, doesn't mean it can be dismissed. Drive careful now.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tigerfeet
Theres a place in the Highlands of Scotland where if you park your car on a hill, and take the handbrake off your car rolls UP the hill!!! I can't recollect there being a valid explanation for this but guess what...IT HAPPENS...so simply because its not explained, doesn't mean it can be dismissed. Drive careful now.

Yeah we have a place like that here, apparantly its got something to do with the magnetic rocks in the hill or something, i'm not too sure.

I'm still curious to what happened but i'm not too fussed because it was a once off event if it happens again i'll let ATS know.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yeah ive hear of places like that theres like something wrong with the mhz rate.

new topics

top topics

join