It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubble boy's parents jailed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So it turns out this hoaxer got sentenced to some jailtime along with his wife.

www.cbc.ca...

Since alot of us dislike hoaxers what do you guys think??
Should they have been jailed or should they have gotten a slap on the wrist??

I am kinda glad they were caught and have been held accountable...it just sucks for the kids.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My mother would relate a story to me about the time my two older sisters, then 4 and 5 years old, conspired to play a "joke" on Mom. The 5 yr old ran into the house one day, crying that sister had been hit by a car, whereupon Mom panicked and rushed outside to find the girls laughing, all a hoax. Even at that age, after a good spanking by Mom, they understood the "joke" was not a joke.

A hoax where the end result is people enjoy the joke, or act with mild anger, or at the worst suffer no financial, mental or physical harm, is one thing. And above all, as my two sisters learned, you don't joke about a child being in danger!

So, to me, the parents violated what a hoax should be about and crossed a line violating a law (the felony and misdemeanor). They should have had more presence of mind to involve the public in a hoax about the life and death of a child. My sisters sure learned!

They are being held accountable for the legal violations, the public money spent on the hoax, and as a deterrent to any imitators. Apparently, the jail time was to deter similar hoaxes. I think the sentence is a fitting "public spanking".

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
pssst, that's "balloon boy"

I think the stocks would have been preferable, but yes all in all it is a slap on the wrist. he's getting 90 days, she is getting 20. Not all of it having to be served behind bars.

new topics

join