It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of science.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This kind of skepticism is what I'm talking about. This is IMO skepticism without the apostrophes.

A Call for Balanced Evidence-Based Scepticism

- Prof. Gary Schwartz -

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
And for more information on the huge influence corporate companies and big business has on science, you can read Nikola Tesla's life story here...

www.pbs.org...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't know. The Schwartz experiments are flawed in some ways. Schwartz himself admits for example that their goal was not to completely remove judging bias, but to minimise it. There can still be judging bias. The critique in the articles A Critique of Schwartz et al.'s After-Death Communication Studies and Gary Schwartz Afterlife Experiments: How *Not* to Test Mediums in my opinion demand that the experiment is repeated with the critique to make sure the experiments are not flawed.

Furthermore, I never got why knowing information about a dead relative of someone proves an afterlife. Why can't the medium be influenced by the living person's thoughts about the relative? Mind-reading would be a much better explanation than an afterlife in my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amantine
Furthermore, I never got why knowing information about a dead relative of someone proves an afterlife. Why can't the medium be influenced by the living person's thoughts about the relative? Mind-reading would be a much better explanation than an afterlife in my opinion.

The only way to know that is if the "medium" got information that the living person would never know. Like a lost key, safe, or anything that the deceased person left hidden somewhere.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes, and I don't remember reading about that in the articles about the Schwartz experiments. I didn't read the book though.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nope, that was just my opinion...
I have yet to look to see if there are experiments done that way...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Found some more stuff. I rememer being on this site before, but I lost it after. the whole site is very interesting reading.

Here's an e-mail transcript on the site...

www.cfpf.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
And here's an article about the difficulty Ronald Pearson has to publish his theories about life after death and the paranormal.

RON'S KEY TO ALL THE UNIVERSE'S MYSTERIES

Throughout the millennia, mankind has mused over seemingly unanswerable questions: Is there life after death? Is there a God? What are we? Derbyshire scientist Ron Pearson believes that he may have discovered the missing link of physics, which would answer all the mysteries of the universe. Feature writer David Clensy reports.

It is quite an admission by anyone's standards, but Matlock-born scientist Ron Pearson believes that he may hold the answers to the secrets of the universe.

He says that his theory of the universe, which he has been working on for almost 20 years, solves many issues around supernatural activity, life after death and even the existence of a god.

But the 77-year-old, who says that he has always been an agnostic, claims that orthodox science refuses to even listen to his explanations on the true structure of existence.

"After 20 years of working out how the universe must have developed, I concluded that the ether does exist.

"I think that it's like an all-encompassing neural network, which transcends all matter in the universe and I think that this network would eventually develop a consciousness and actively create life and the way that living things see the universe.

"If you like, this ether is a kind of secular god. And as we're part of this ether too, when our physical body dies, our soul - the part of our mind which is not linked to the body - remains part of the ether.

"This means that we effectively have life after death - at least the soul part of our mind has life after death."

Now, after almost 20 years of theoretical musing, Ron plans to set about proving that his theory is correct - but he doesn't except that to be easy.

"I know that orthodox science will do whatever it can to prevent my work from taking place, because its existence would discredit all modern science.

"In fact I couldn't even get my theory published in the West. I had to travel to St Petersburg, in Russia, a couple of years ago just to get it printed."

Ron Pearson is from the survivalafterdeath.org website that I've posted about so many times...

[edit on 22-6-2004 by TheBandit795]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join