It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Unexplainable Terrorizing Stranger!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I actually posted this story in another thread, Real Twilight Zone, but since not many looked and since i'm just too damn curious if this or anything like this has happened to anyone else and just get some ideas on WHAT this could have been (if not just some random psycho coincidence!)

It was Thursday night and my boyfriend and I had his mom watch our kids and we went out. i got a little more drunk than i had planned so on the way home from picking up the kids (about 10pm) i asked my boyfriend to drive around a familiar neighborhood so i could get some air before going home.

we finally make the last turn into the neighborhood when my boyfriend notices a car behind us (which isn't unusual since we live in the heart of sacramento and it was only 10; what WAS unusual was this was the only car on the road and it was foggy like a horror movie! eek!) anyways, we hit a couple stop signs and the car starts tailgating us so we sped up a bit and to our surprise the car started flashing its brights at us. after a few minutes the car just....drives off....only to return a couple minutes later to follow us and flash its lights and basically try to scare us? i don't know, but we don't scare easily, and we didn't want to drive straight home with a psycho following us! so my boyfriend flipped a B and parked, i guess trying to evade the other car. well it found us again, it was coming toward the front of our car this time, and it swerved like it was trying to hit us, barely swerving back before making contact!

AND the car drives off. at this point we notice that this car is a brand new lexus, absolutely no plate or semblance of a plate or registration. completely blacked out windows. we couldn't see who was in the car. but we don't know anyone stupid enough to drive around in a car like that in sacramento, let alone terrorizing other cars. strange.

so through all this STILL no other cars in sight. we drive to the mall, which was right outside of this neighborhood and through the fog this car STILL finds our parked car. it pulls up maybe 10 feet away, more or less, and not knowing what else to do...my boyfriend steps out of the car and just stands there. (don't ask me why, i was drunk, couldnt tell you!) so the car just sits there for about 2 minutes, and then drives off.

WTF?!?!

i know i should just assume it was a run-of-the-mill psycho.

but the next day my boyfriend asked if i remembered and i said NO because i thought it was A NIGHTMARE! we both have had nightmares of shadow people that we never see, only feel, and they are always chasing us just steps behind. (i'm sure this is a common theme) but this FELT just like that, except we weren't dreaming!!!

aliens? psycho serial killer? random, well-off drug addict getting some kicks?
it really haunts me. in an interesting way, though.

*edit* lol i say aliens because my boyfriend insisted that it reminded him of Knowing, where those aliens basically stalk the little kids for a period of time.

[edit on 12/22/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Holy crap.

Yes, my girlfriend and I had a very, VERY similar incident happen to us. There was no doubt we were being pursuited for whatever reason. The entire evening was weird, minor bumper bender in a parking lot and car chase where we'd lose the car and they'd find us again in her neighborhood, swarming cops in my neighborhood when on my way home, etc. with no apparent direct connection.

I'm not sure I was to go through the details. I'll think about it.

I went out her way to fix the bumper. The strangest thing is that when I was driving out her way and exiting the freeway I saw a car with a vanity plate that said "URAOK", almost like a "wink, wink, we're gonna mess with your head shortly."

A question: was there any particularly interesting or revealing conversation happening?

[edit on 12/22/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
*bump*

This one hit an end prematurely.

And my post above sounds weird, possibly insinuating something I didn't intend, mostly out of deliberate vagueness. Really, I'm leary of discussing it all too extensively, whether or not I chose to make light of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To me it sounds like some rich kids got hold of daddy's car and were being stupid.

I wish this would happen to me (kind of)...I love driving and it would be like a game. I would do everything I could to get behind him and then follow HIM...haha.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
To me it sounds like some rich kids got hold of daddy's car and were being stupid.

I wish this would happen to me (kind of)...I love driving and it would be like a game. I would do everything I could to get behind him and then follow HIM...haha.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

hey, thats a very good possibility.
my schizo nature is taking hold though, many "synchronous" and stalkerish things are occurring that are probably mere coincidence but as i don't believe in those its becoming........fun.......entertaining.....exciting. haha
i like to make stories in my head about it that will eventually make it on paper, or computer, anyway.

probably was just some crazy, intoxicated teeenagers.
it was still strange all the same.

enlightenup:
no interesting conversation, actually i remember taking a turn about a half mile before the car was noticed by my boyfriend and thinking how strange the car behind us was driving but as i was swimming in a sea of drunken fog, i sunk for a moment and reemerged to the tale o told.
i actually toyed with an idea i heard a while back about gov't. stalkers, of sorts. i'm so paranoid, haha but i do remember little strange things happening for about a year before and since then lots of little things that never used to happen, though they aren't menacing are a bit strange all the same.
at the same time i feel my sanity may seriously be deteriorating...or....something else.
so its hard to take anything i think up myself too seriously anymore. haha

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

The strange thing in my case is the person kept finding us even though I made alot of turns down side streets to confuse things-- noone should normally follow you through three left turns for instance. Either he was lucky or had information from a source like traffic cameras or lookouts.

The car had a plate but I never got a clean look. It was older, not new and shiny. He didn't back down until I finally turned into the local police department parking lot. He didn't seem to realize what I did until he saw rows and rows of squad cars that were concealed by empoyees' rides. Funny thing is, noone standing outside at the department batted an eye when I went flying in and the guy tried to trap us. Suddendly, I remembered all that stuff about doing J-turns and used it (nope, noone there was paying any attention yet either).

I wondered if there wasn't a call ahead to my area since on my way home cops were everywhere blocking all the streets. I got lit up when I tried to bypass the initial main roadblock by going through through a subdivision, where dozens (well, not that many but it felt like it) of cars were waiting on every road, follow by one, pulled over, checked out, asked a few minor questions, given what seemed like a lame explanation for the extreme level of police activity and left to go on my way. The officer was quite friendly actually.

[edit on 1/10/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wait...
you and your b/f drove after drinking, you drunk as hell, to pick up your kids?

How veryn retarded. Way to set an example.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
Wait...

I read it again on a "WTF I don't recall that" and I believe she stated that she was more drunk than she planned to get. Her b/f drove, not them! Her b/f didn't have a slight memory lapse either since he asked if she remembered the incident.

Oy!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp
Wait...

actually, if you read through i said that my boyfriend was DD as in designated driver, and my definition (as would be most people's) is SOBER. :/

anyways...thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well,drinking aside....

Honestly, to me,it sounds like some mentally unstable person was doing this.I mean, not even a doper does things like this. If I were you, I'd be careful. There may be a "madman" in Sacramento.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well,drinking aside....

Honestly, to me,it sounds like some mentally unstable person was doing this.I mean, not even a doper does things like this. If I were you, I'd be careful. There may be a "madman" in Sacramento.

thats what i was thinkin...psycho.
because most people wouldn't be stupid enough to drive like that in a car like that...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

LOL, me and my mates used to this for laughs when we were drunk. It's not really that big of a deal, if it was a brand new lexus though it was most likely a stolen car.

What type of car were you driving btw? You usually go for people with nice cars, because lets face it, no one likes rich people.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well, typically,"madmen" aren't "stupid." They just don't care.
I tell ya, though, it sounds to me as if whoever it was, they had some issues.

The last thing you want to do is get out of your car and confront someone like that. Now that is "stupid." Anyway, the next time you see the car doing the same thing, I'd suggest, if you have a cell phone, that you call the police.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous

LOL, me and my mates used to this for laughs when we were drunk. It's not really that big of a deal, if it was a brand new lexus though it was most likely a stolen car.

What type of car were you driving btw? You usually go for people with nice cars, because lets face it, no one likes rich people.

I agree with this...this is the most likely situation...some bored kids messing with someone.

I don't think the car would be stolen...I think it would be bored rich kids with their parents car like I said above.

And if you were driving a nice car, then I would say that makes it even more likely...rich kids aren't going to want to go mess with someone in a clunker...they are probably more likely to get out and confront them. Someone in a nice car is more likely to be scared.

Do you have any update on this? Have you ever seen that car again? Has your husband had any other thoughts on it?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sounds like run of the mill suburbanites to me. I refuse to blow it off though, maybe government but more than likely suburbanites. If something like that happened to me I would make sure to keep my Mossberg 300 in my backseat from there on out.

top topics

join