It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Lessons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Age 5- I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sings "Silent Night"
Age 7- I've learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either.
Age 9- I've learned that when you wave at people in the country, they stop whatever they are doing and wave back.
Age 12- I've learned that when I get my room back to the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.
Age 13- I've learned that friends are often the best (and most hilarious) company.
Age 14- I've learned that when you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.
Age 15- I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad that my parents are strict with me.
Age 24- I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.
Age 26- I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.
Age 29- I've learned that no matter where I am, the world's worst drivers somehow find me.
Age 30- I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one may believe it.
Age 42- I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just have not the slightest idea of how to show it.
Age 44- I've learned that you can make someone's day by simply sending them a little note.
Age 46- I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.
Age 47- I've learned that that children and grandparents are natural allies.
Age 48- I've learned that no matter what happens, or however bad it seems, life goes on, and tomorrow will always be better.
Age 49- I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours on end.
Age 50- I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone.
Age 51- I've learned that you can teel a lot about a person by the way they handle three things: lost luggage, a rainy day, and tangled tree lights.
Age 52- I've learned that keeping a veggie garden is worth a cabinet full of pills.
Age 53- I've learned that regardless of your relationship, you miss them horribly after they die.
Age 58- I've learned that making a living is not the same as making a life.
Age 61- I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, work on your marriage.
Age 66- I've learned that whenever I decide to do something with kindess, i usually make the right decision.
Age 82- I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
Age 90- I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug, or even just a pat on the back.
Age 92- I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I saw this in the Hebron Herald, and thought about how it apllies to everyone. Hope you liked it!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Fantastic

I wonder who wrote it? It certainly is something that makes me stop and think about how precious life really is

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Me like. Many very thoughtful quotes.

Thanks for posting, dude.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Am I the only one, who after they read this thought "Holy **** this guy if 92 years old!!!"

And then I read the next comment, and that ruined the whole thing

top topics

join