It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A collaborative research on A.I. for ATS : What about making an ATS bot ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Pandorabots is the place where you can create and unleash virtual personalities. Pandorabots is an experimental software robot hosting service based on the work of Dr. Richard Wallace and the A.L.I.C.E./AIML free software community.

From any browser, you may create, design and publish your own software robots � and make them available to anyone via the Internet. Sign-up for an Account to begin creating your own virtual robots.

Is anyone is interested by creating a virtual host for ATS ?

pandorabots.com...

The ALICE software implements AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup
Language) a non-standard evolving markup language for creating chat robots.
The primary design feature of AIML is minimalism. Compared with
other chat robot languages, AIML is perhaps the simplest. The
pattern matching language is very simple, for example permitting
only one wild-card ('*') match character per pattern.

AIML is an XML language, implying that it obeys certain grammatical
meta-rules. The choice of XML syntax permits integration with
other tools such as XML editors. Another motivation for XML is
its familiar look and feel, especially to people with HTML experience.

An AIML chat robot begins and ends with the and
tags respectively.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks for that Nans ... I think I'll have a go at this for my new 'Pixy Folk' site. 'Talk with the pixy' looks as if it will be amusing.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
phpBB and other forum softwares have implementations for ALICE bots.

I'm looking at the moment for an ALICE bot for XMB forum software, or maybe just convert the phpBB hack to XMB.

The phpBB one is very good, answers to random threads in a % of posts method and the reply's it makes make incredible good sence.

Apart from that does the AI bot learn from the entire discussion going on on the forum and like this on forums like ATS would become rather huge really fast.

I'll post a link later to a forum I have testrunning with the phpBB2.07 software with alice bot on it. The server is currently down for maintenance though.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I tried getting a chat bot for my MSN chat room. No deal, could not find anything. Oh well, not like they would have a bot I liked.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Iv created one on PandorasBot a long time ago...still up and running too....you can edit the AIML files to make it say wtvr you want in response to whatever they get told.

If you wanna talk to him IM RalphWiggumDumb on AIM. I didnt change much. And its customized for when my friends IM it.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've started to make one talking french.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
....you can edit the AIML files to make it say wtvr you want in response to whatever they get told.
[Edited on 23-5-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

Thats one way op implementing an ALICE bot, but has nothing to do with AI though.

The implementations of the ALICE bot I have for phpBB forums actualy make relevant reply's to a subject and add into the duscussion.

Like for instance, you say:

"Oh I enjoyed playing Quake 3 today, I found a good fast server with good mods to play on and theres no cheaters on it"

The bot can reply something like this:

"Sounds great, can we have the link to that server? What mods is it running? Btw, don't mind cheaters, just ban them"

Thats an actual reply we got from the bot to that exact quesion.

Question/Responce is just that, it requires no inteligence to work, its just a database lookup for a matching line to what you asked it and a predefined reply to your question or sentence.

Question, Sentence, Post, Information reply'd by questions, a variety of answers that aren't predifined, but compiled on the fly depending on the way your sentences are constructed and what contents it held, thats what starts to resemble AI.

Mind you, Junaio's(the bot) brain is SQL based and currently about 500MB in size. This is still just the basic brain with about 50 forum posts to add to its knowledge.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by thematrix]

top topics

join