It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental health institute, formerly headed by MK Ultra researcher, recruits ATS members for H1N1 study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Today the new member H1N1study posted in this thread and tried to recruit ATS members for a H1N1 research study. The proposed study is a research project of the McGill University.

Study Purpose:
To increase our understanding as to how information, emotion and beliefs influenced people’s decisions to receive the H1N1 vaccine. We will be recruiting 1000 participants from Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.

Description of the Study:
You are being asked to answer a series of questions on your mental and physical health, your sources of information regarding H1N1 Influenza (swine flu) as well as your beliefs about the virus. After providing consent (i.e. if you click on the ‘agree’ button after reading this document), you will spend about 20 minutes filling out questionnaires in a single session. We ask that participants only complete the study one time.

h1n1coping.mcgill.ca...

Since H1N1study's post violated the terms and conditions of ATS membership, the mods intervened.

I think it is very intriguing, that members should be recruited from a conspiracy website and later asked a series of questions on their sources of information, mental and physical health.

Interesting is also, that the institute, which is conducting this study also works in collaboration with the WHO. The lead researcher Alain Brunet has studied PTSD and the role the internet plays in coping with psychological trauma.
www.douglasrecherche.qc.ca...

While I did my research on various conspiracies, I have sometimes felt extremely shaken. Although I wasn't directly effected by these conspiracies I felt traumatized and have spent numerous sleepless nights. One disturbing conspiracy was 9/11, but I felt even more disturbed after I studied the connections between satanic ritual abuse and MK Ultra. Brainwashing can be achieved by traumatizing the victim.

One monstrous scientist has traumatized hundreds of people in a particular vile manner. This scientist was Ewen Cameron. He headed the World Psychiatric Association and worked for the CIA. He didn't try to heal his patients. Instead he used his skills and knowledge to erase and control the mind of his patients. Ewen Cameron worked for the McGill University, which is now conducting this H1N1 study.

Somehow the McGill University fails to mention these gruesome aspects of Camerons work on their website. If Cameron wouldn't have turned Velma Orlikow with his Mengele-style experiments into a living vegetable his dark history would probably never have been uncovered. But Velma was the wife of David Orlikow, a Canadian politician, who later successfully sued the CIA.

We conspiracy theorists are characterized as delusional. We may get some of our information from dubious sources. But are we really more removed from the truth, than people who gain their information only from the MSM and official sources? Those patients, who trusted the famous psychiatrist Ewen Cameron got their lives and minds destroyed. So how do you feel about this H1N1 survey?

Ewen Cameron respected scientist or monster?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Interesting.

Other than it being the same institution, how are you connecting this study and his work?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
All funded by our good friends in the CIA.
Operation Paperclip, anyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes, I saw that post. I didn't click the link because.. I mean, even the text was in ad format. I suppose I didn't give it much thought, but in retrospect, it does seem rather suspicious and almost comical that members of ATS are being approached by individuals about h1n1 testing. This is a message forum. If they weren't trying to actually communicate with members directly and attempt to include them in this "study", they would've just bought some ad space. Right?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wow. This is a pretty shocking revelation. They are undoubtedly gearing up for a new psych war, one that works even on the fence climbing sheep.

They are literally trying to understand the minds of people that use logic to make decisions, instead of jumping on the mass hysteria bus. There are a lot of people who blew the whistle on big pharma and their shenanegans with the H1N1 vax. People who told a lot of other people not to get the shot, and those people listened.

The Grassroots, spontaneous effort to inform people about the dangers of vaccines, absolutely destroyed the propaganda campaign launched by vaccine manufacturers. I saw people spreading vaccine truth all across the interwebs.

I think what will be found by this study is that they can never wage a successful propaganda fear campaign with the internet in it's current form. They just don't have the man power to shill to the level needed to combat the devastating response of the informed populace.

Their new strategy will probably involve some kind of internet shutdown, so that proper amounts of fear can be spread, with no rebuttal possible, probably through print, and television.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ha ha ha

Is this really true??

Wow, this tells me they are HERE watching our every move.

Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzz....Ican think of other places where the members are just what they need.

No further comment.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This group would be an interesting study for it. A microcosm. The sane. The insane. The innovative. The followers. The worried. The compulsive.

People exposed in some ways to the best information available to the public. People innovative enough to see it. People who can be looking right at real information, and still come out with something illogical, or crazy. People who just want to talk. People who just want to manipulate. People who think the most crazy thoughts commonly found in the population.

Seriously. I'm actually impressed that they'd even consider looking. I would totally this this crowd would be the perfect case study about exactly this.

Now, what they want to DO with that information - THAT I don't necessarily trust. Money and power tends to mitigate good intentions - and the results are money.

If they want to use results to better present their information in a way that actually reaches people, instead of their current manner where they both scare people, talk down to them, talk too fancy and denigrate them at the same time and then are confused as to why they get mixed results - well, if they REALLY need a study to get that so be it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Since my nationality doesn't allows me to take part in this study, I can only comment on the studies general outlook. But since McGill tried to recruit on ATS it is fair to look into their history.

Part of their survey are questions on our mental health and where we get our information on H1N1 from. Somehow this implies conspiracy theorists are mentally unstable and should better use official sources for getting information. In this context it is just a bit ironic, that the McGills University official website fails to mention their darkest infamous history. Although known to conspiracy theorists Camerons work is not general knowledge of the public. Patients who trusted a respectable scientists from this institute had to go through hell. Apart from that it is probably just coincidence.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

I think what will be found by this study is that they can never wage a successful propaganda fear campaign with the internet in it's current form. They just don't have the man power to shill to the level needed to combat the devastating response of the informed populace.

Their new strategy will probably involve some kind of internet shutdown, so that proper amounts of fear can be spread, with no rebuttal possible, probably through print, and television.

A quick check-up on the news about Australia yielded some interesting results.

Australia to go ahead with Internet censorship legislation

And this one was posted just today-
UK House of Lords Follow China and Australia, Propose Internet Censorship Bill

Looks to me like they're already hard at work on that tedious internet thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is their last resort.
We're winning.

H1H1 fear mongering has been proven a scam, copenhagen shows to be nothing more than a political scam to take over the world, and more people are informed.

Under the guise of a "study" they're going to be biased in where they pick out contestants and try to discredit "thinking", and label the act of questioning authority, or investigating, or researching a conspiracy as mentally insane.

It's their last move. We've proven to be a threat to them.

Keep up the good work ATS

Edit-
They probably want to label us as insane, and lock us up in institutions if we don't take their pills to dumb us down. I hope I don't see the day when thinking and questioning is a crime, or gets you in an institution.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

so....i think we should all join in this study and just flood it with non-sense. that way the study would be difficult to validate. or that could backfire and make us all "loony" What do you guys think we should do about this? ping attack the server? lol

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Quick warning, there are subliminal messages all through the OP's video.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is filed under:

Chicken Little Complex.

Come on folks. What better subjects than ATS members.
When I want to see what the nuts are saying, and what else has just been redefined as a conspiracy, I come straight to ATS.

Makes perfect sense that scientists want to study the pathology of fear.

Best place to find it is conspiracy sites.

If the shoe fits....

PS
I'm sure there is a nutjob somewhere in the history of every University.
If it wasn't for those German scientists we got from paperclip, we would all be speaking Russian right now.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

Although they have failed - WHO, MSM and government sources have attempted to dramatize the swine flu beyond a reasonable scope. They tried to scare people with faulty information into vaccinations.

In her excellent book the shock doctrine, Naomi Klein points out, how scary, traumatizing events can be used to push through unpopular politics. Politics, which would be impossible to install, unless there is a general state of fear in the population.

The first chapter of her book is even about Ewen Cameron, who has used trauma to reprogram people on an individual basis. Now a researcher from the same institute, who is specialized in trauma-research conducts a study on those people, who have actively questioned the official story of H1N1. As doubters, many of us have flooded MSM websites and posted uncommon information. We have informed our friends, relatives, colleagues and neighbours. We advised them to do their own research and not to trust a media inspired gut feeling.

I believe, that without vaccination skeptics much more people would have been willing to get a H1N1 vaccination. So I believe, that it is quite probable, that the WHO and their collaborating scientists would consider conspiracy theorists important targets for studies.

Naomi Klein - the shock doctrine

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Sorry, I was occupied otherwise while I was choosing this clip. I only listened to the information. Now, after I have watched it, I have to agree with you, that there are subliminal pictures in this clip. They all seem to be context related.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I just did this "Douglas Mental Health University Institute" study.
(Isn't the Orwellian name of that place enough to send goose-bumps down your spine?)

Anyone, anywhere can do it. Amongst countries, it gives the option of "other".

The incentive to do it is laughable. You can qualify to go in a lottery, if you give your email address, for a few $25 or $100 Amazon vouchers.

This study is to identify the psychology of people who are refusing the swine flu vaccine. It's an all about advertising, learning which buttons they can push to motivate the target audience to behave as they want. The questions are aimed at uncovering exactly what fears we have, exactly where our self-doubts and insecurities lie. If they can find a way to convince a large, well-informed audience of sceptics, (I mean real sceptics, not people who debunk for a living,) there is a chance of us convincing the rest to get vaccinated.

The questions are mostly multiple choice gradations of agree and disagree.

One question that made me laugh was asking what source turned you off getting vaccinated, with "the internet" given as a possible choice. It amazes me how people who want to put others off acquiring information talk about the internet as if it's some sort of homogeneous monster.

There was recently an article in "the Age", a Melbourne paper, written by its health editor, who like to masquerade as a person who knows things. Displaying his complete lack of integrity, (he had previously written about the dangers of the vaccine,) he disparaged those who reject the vaccine as brainless internet-fed conspiracy guzzlers. I wrote to the paper about it and the article was suddenly changed ...
One person can make a difference.

Apparently web pages of a book or newspaper are lies, whereas the paper version of the same book or newspaper is truth. Apparently scientific journals online are all lies, and you need to hold printed paper in your hands to really see what is written. And apparently a peer-reviewed study in JAMA, once it's online, deserves no more respect than Sorcha Faal fantasy in Pravda.

What this is boiling down to is that the mind-warping elites are seeing that their greatest enemy is the internet, a vast source of information which enables us to see through their lies. Internet censorship has been pioneered in China, and, like the "one-child policy", China had outside help and blackmail/bribery to see they were enforced. Now it's coming to the Western world, beginning with Australia, under the guise of "protecting the children". England is already making plans to do the same.

Coming soon: the removal of all non-current, non-approved sources of information.
- courtesy of MKUltra, Douglas Mental Health University Institute

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Part of their survey are questions on our mental health and where we get our information on H1N1 from. Somehow this implies conspiracy theorists are mentally unstable and should better use official sources for getting information.

Come on folks. What better subjects than ATS members. When I want to see what the nuts are saying, and what else has just been redefined as a conspiracy, I come straight to ATS. Makes perfect sense that scientists want to study the pathology of fear.

In response to both of these, for two months my signature carried a link to a thread about what was in the h1n1 vaccine. I used the cdc website, and the package inserts from the manufacturers. My information was acquired from their channels, and the point that the vaccine could harm you still rings true.

Would it have killed you, no. I made a valid point upon joining about the risks, especially those to pregnant women which the vaccine had never been tested on. Many pregnant women refused it, some took it with no side effects, and some took it and had miscarriages.

calling a campaign to educate people about the inherent dangers in their medical choices and letting them reach their own conclusions is not crazy or nutjob, and it's the exact opposite from their campaign of fear.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks Kailassa for the info, that every adult can take part in this survey. I also participated in this test. Most questions regard personal feelings and attitudes. Not many questions were solely about H1N1. The institute plans a follow up survey in 6 months. I recognized, that many questions were redundant. A lot of similar questions were asked twice. The questioned topic was the same, only the point of perspective changed.

Example (no exact quote,)
Do you always wash your hands after sneezing?
rate on a scale from 1-5
Then, a few questions later:
Do you never wash your hands after sneezing?
rate on scale from 1-5

Is here some psychological test buff, who can explain why a similar question is asked twice in the same survey?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Do you always wash your hands after sneezing? rate on a scale from 1-5 Then, a few questions later: Do you never wash your hands after sneezing? rate on scale from 1-5

I'm not buff, but it seems they are designed to detect people who are either lying or unsure.

It also seems that questions is a simple yes or no, but is given a degree answer. The answers are nuanced but the question is definitive.

This might be a better example to illustrate.

Do you wash your hands after sneezing? always, sometimes, never.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew

Originally posted by Happyfeet

Sorry, I was occupied otherwise while I was choosing this clip. I only listened to the information. Now, after I have watched it, I have to agree with you, that there are subliminal pictures in this clip. They all seem to be context related.

My eyesight is very fast at catching moving objects and I kept seeing flashing pictures but I felt kinda wierd watching the video, thats when I realized that it was subliminal crap again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join