It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22s at Al Dhafra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
According to the USAF the 6 F-22s that deployed to Dubai were also supposed to fly in the ATLC, but cancelled. Now according to Flight there is a video by a 27th FS pilot saying they flew against F-16 Block 60s and Mirage 2000-9s, and were undefeated. I don`t have the link to the video, but if anyone finds it, please link it here.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
as requested, here's the vid

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I read in a recent 'hard' copy of Flight that at the Dubai show the F-22 flew in mock combats against all current rival fighter types including the Rafale and Typhoon (I noticed the guy in the video refers to pilots from 'England'). It also said that results were 'enlightening' but I have seen no other references or reports of this until your post. Exactly what 'enlightening' refers to in this case is anyones guess.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by waynos]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I just noticed the external tanks on the Raptor.

Also, christ those kids are close on the flightline, maybe we should fit them for thier hearing aids now.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would love to see this pitted against the su-35BM in a close range fight.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I saw the raptor at fairford airshow in the uk a few years ago, the airshow was cancelled but i went down the day after when the raptor was meant to be leaving.
The pilot decided to give all of us who had turned up an amazing display and a close up when it taxied to the run way, showing all the flaps and hydrolics moving around, we were so close to it. it was amazing, pure American showing off, but it was really appreciated by those who turned up as most planes just did the usual take off and away they went.

F22 pilots probably have one of the best jobs in the world

top topics

join