It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Crop, One Species, One Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
One Crop, One Species, One Death

I was very surprised to find an article like this in the MSM. I'm sure this subject has been talked about hundreds of times on ATS. But I'd like to discuss the implications of something as simple as this...

Monsanto Has Stranglehold On Seeds

I have not done any major research into this company (probably because I’m sick enough as is), but it seems like the company is creating a monopoly off of food products (or at least soy & corn). The article states 95% of the soybeans and 80% of the corn grown in the U.S. has Monsanto’s genetically modified genes in it. Then goes on stating the price is going to go up and up making other products do the same.

First off I thought it was illegal to have a monopoly in America, could someone enlighten me as to the "loopholes" of this.

OK so back about 10 years ago (who knows maybe more) when all these "Genetically Modified Organisms" products really hit the shelves. The excuse behind there modifications were things like this 'It allows the plant to grow in areas it could normally not' or 'It makes the plant more resistant to disease and weather change' or 'we will be able to produce enough food to supply the world, in effect ending world hunger'.

In my opinion all they did was made it accessible to patent food, in turn flushing the market of non-GMO natural food. This same mentality is also creating "the next generation of fuels" (which in actuality has been around since the use of fossil fuels).

So an implication of this.... What happens when a disease DOES in fact wipe out this genetically modified species... A great corn famine. Yes we can re-grow other species of corn, but not to the scale that is needed, thus starving millions of people and animals (cows, chickens, etc..).

Another implication... Ever heard the saying "you are what you eat" well what happens to the human genes and our DNA within the next generations? Nothing? O could the manipulated genes of the corn evolve (due to viral gene parts added to corn gene) into something horrific? A self induced plague for plants spreading to like species?

Damn.... I hate when I start going into left field....

So reading the happenings of the last 20 years, the PTB seem to be manipulating our environment from all sides. Whether it is to air (chem trails, pollution), space (upper atmosphere testing, pollution), water (do you really need an example), our living spaces (asbestos and Chinese drywall , and food (GMO, Pesticides). And what do all these things have in common...

80% of the population HAS to have these (cause they cannot afford better)

Well guess I should work now...
being at work and all...

Edit = Spellcheck

[edit on 16-12-2009 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
[edit on 16-12-2009 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
An interesting thought. Remember, all bananas are clones of each other, mostly putting them into the same category (somewhat loosely, since there are more than a few mosanto corn species), and they were wiped out to extinction by a fungus or disease, until someone made a new resistant breed. Ask your grandparents and they'll tell you, the banans now are different than the ones from when they were kids.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Yeah, they were smaller & used to have SEEDS in them.... so did watermelon, oranges & grapes

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Genetic modified foods do have a place in helping feed the hungry but Monsanto is in the business of turning a profit. They've actually, as you stated, been able to patent LIFE. Certain lifeforms are now their property. How long until they decide to clone something more exotic than some corn and claim they OWN it. Will we start seeing disease resistant Monsanto babies? (sounds silly but who knows)

I watched a documentary all about their nefarious ways. They created a special seed that ended up blowing into crops and fields that were growing regular seed and they actually sued the farmers who accidentally ended up with the GMO plants. And the scary thing is THEY WON the lawsuits against the farmers. Some were forced to pay so much that they will lose their farms.

It's frightening.

Control the food supply and they have the perfect bargaining chip if ever we wise up to their ways. If we try to dismantle there company they could have some death gene programmed into the plants that kills them. Monsanto could hold the world for ransom.

No one cares about the Monopoly because they're too big to fail. Just like the banks we bailed out Monsanto and many mega-corps have become so big and so important to world commerce that the Elites wouldn't even think of letting it go under.

We humans think we can own life and make improvements upon evolution but we better be careful about it...

top topics

join