It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google to use quantum computers for searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Google's web services may be considered cutting edge, but they run in warehouses filled with conventional computers. Now the search giant has revealed it is investigating the use of quantum computers to run its next generation of faster applications.

I don't know much about quantum mechanics, but I still found this article really interesting. Thoughts?

SOURCE: www.newscientist.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ummm I might be a bit out of loop , but are we not still years ahead of making a quantum computer
I mean , I remember talks about how quantum computers will take us light years ahead in advancement but it was my understanding that we are still scratching the surface of that tech .

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
indeed humanns are far away from that level of technology yet,
however your technology levels are only limited by your use of currency,
if your research didnt cost money then you would be much further advanced than your current state,
however, now that governments and your large corporations finally take an interest,
more currency will be put into those researching tech and thus your tech level will advance quicker than previously expected

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There a lot of different quantum processor : the one that will be use by google is for images ( as far as i read about it ).

The principle : you take a complex task that take 1 000 000 processor operation,

and with some of these tasks you can apply a quantum theory : and now the complex problem is simple :

1000 quantum operation.

For instance : you want to compare or find something in images : there you go.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by psychederic]

( I don't know if it could be used for semantif web , but maybe.
2) you have to take into consideration that google will invest A LOT in these technology, and "artificial intelligence" (against wolfram).

When i say a lot : it's BILLIONS.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by psychederic]

Ex

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
'Universal' Programmable Two-Qubit Quantum Processor Created

I think it's still in the rudamentary stages,
but definitely worth the read.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Ex]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

new topics