It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Go Exploring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've used the search engines to find old world tales of explorers finding monsters. The results came up in an array of unrelated sites.

So I was hoping fellow ATSers interested in Cryptozoology to help me post in this thread old world explorer's monster tales, first hand reports, journals.

Namely 1400's through the 1800's.

I'll find something here shortly to post about a french explorer being attacked by two ape people, one he killed and took photos of. Still searching , but I find these reports amazing to read.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Of all the unknown animals, the one for which the best evidence has been offered is the apeman of the South American jungles. In 1929, a French geologist, Monsieur de Loys, made a trip into the interior of Venezuela. One day he camped on the banks of the Catatumbo River. Suddenly, two hairy creatures approached the camp in fury. As they attacked him he fired. One of the attackers fell dead, the other fled. When de Loys examined the body, he found it was not a man as he had thought—it was an ape!

link

Again, no other related results turned up when I searched his name. That's the early 1900's.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Naught-a-nothing huh? Guess I have to make a thread bitching and moaning about how ATS is 'dying' and the uprise in skeptics and debunkers.

new topics

join