It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the brain work like an antenna?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If anyone knows how the brain works as an antenna on ATS, can you please try to help me out figure out this concept? I am not good in neuroscience so please correct me if I’m wrong. But I don’t see how the brain can work as some kind of conscious antenna?? Why can’t we see the transmission from the brain to were ever? If it was an antenna we would see the brain getting information from this "source” wouldn’t that be true? Of course my knowledge on the brain is limited, so if any of you can help me figure this out it would be appreciated. If any of you are confused on what I am trying to understand, I am talking about our brain working as an antenna like structure. E.G. Consciousness being transmitted through our brain (antenna), to this "source" (could be called heaven/afterlife). I am wondering this because someone brought this theory up in another thread, but is there any evidence or scientific theories that show how the brain could work as an antenna? Any help would be great

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok, here is the brain in a nutshell. When you think your brain creates brain waves. They would leave your head, but your skull prevents that. And so things that can go into your brain can interact with your brain waves really bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That dosent make sense, why would brainwaves be stuck inside the skull? I am talking about it being used as an antenna transmiting some kind of info from our brain, to some other kind of dimension.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Whenever current flows through a conductor (your brain runs on eletrical impulses) a magnetic field surrounds it and the strength of this field diminishes with distance following the inverse square law.

All around your head there would be an extremely complex pattern of magnetic fields and in theory these could extend quite a distance.

Gotta run to work wish I had more time to answer that better!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by OZtracized]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Brain cells have a high iron content..there are billions of them packed closely together...and brain cells conduct current... I have always thought that is the mechanism by which our brain connects with the "collective consciousness" and possibly allows us to communicate mentally.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Unless the source is by teleportation. You never know.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I know what you guys are saying, but is there any kind of receiver we can measure in the brain? Because I just don’t see how the brain can be looked at as an antenna.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I know what you guys are saying, but is there any kind of receiver we can measure in the brain?

Take some 6" nails, hammer them into your head seperated by 19degrees, then connect the ends to a oscilloscope. You will then be able to see your brainwaves

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Spritually, Edgar Cayce tells of a Hall of Records where "existance is recorded".

Consciousness can not be measured by brain waves as its in the mind and not the brain. Although, a "memory storage location" in the brain is still a mystery. This could mean that it memory exists outside the body, whether in a close magnetic/aura type of field, for example, or in the heaven (space or objects), or something completely else.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Pineal Gland.... look into it. I have had a personal experience that indicates that the there IS something inside our brains that is capable of sending and receiving info. The experience started with a noticeable popping of something inside my brain. I later found that what happened to me happens to a number of humans. Do some research into it. Check out Gopi Krishna's last interview and lookin to the organization he started before he died.

Edit: One way to look at is... The brain is the computer and the pineal gland is the wireless router.
Im not 100% sure its the pineal gland that is the router.. but I am sure something is and a lot of things point towards it

[edit on 14-12-2009 by danman23]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
See that could be possible, but most people don’t know that the pineal gland can be removed. People with it removed because of tumours, function normally throughout there lives. I believed that the pineal gland was magical, but after I heard about it getting removed, it now just seems like an ordinary part of the brain.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The brain contains no sensory organs at all that science is currently aware of and thus, science has no knowledge or opinion of the brain acting as an 'antenna'.

That the brain does is interprets the data it receives from the sensory organs. You touch something and it sends electrochemical data to the brain where it interprets that data. The brain never directly senses anything nor has the ability to do so as far as is known to science.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

To ME IT TRANSMITTS to the Higher 1 our feelings in energy form. So if earth people were on a large scale worried about something, the Higher 1 will notice from afar. And I feel that it RECIEVES from the Higher 1 in the form of an energy ORDERS IF YOU CAN RECIEVE THEM. Not on no I HEAR VOICES ISHA either more like CONCIOUSLY INFLUENCED FROM ABOVE.

Deeper with it the RECIEVER MAY BE MANY OR 1 DEPENDING ON THE TRANSMISSION!!!!aight my 1 cent.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Thanks sirnex, just needed to know if science so far has mapped something in the brain which produces something like an antenna.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In my case i accidently used my body as a radio receiver.Radio waves passed though my body to come out though the computers speakers i was holding on to, as a clear radio station reception.Of course there was side effects from this little accident like a bad headake for 24 hours.In my case it only worked for me.It did not work for the four people around me who withnessed this strange event.They tryed it too and nothing happened.I guess some people may have a stronger magnetic field than others.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
In my case i accidently used my body as a radio receiver.Radio waves passed though my body to come out though the computers speakers i was holding on to, as a clear radio station reception.Of course there was side effects from this little accident like a bad headake for 24 hours.In my case it only worked for me.It did not work for the four people around me who withnessed this strange event.They tryed it too and nothing happened.I guess some people may have a stronger magnetic field than others.

I'm guessing that your lying here. Learn some more about radio waves and how they interact with the human body and magnetic fields. I could be wrong and your not lying and you think you really did experience such a phenomena, in which case.... we have to change a lot about physics.

join