It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are black budget operations??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I never understood them from an economic perspective. Are they just funded by money that is invisible? Meaning that the goverment just prints it from the machine and it's good game? To allow for secret technology development.

What stops whoever from carrying these operations for eternity if all they have to do is press a button to shoot money out of it?

Couldn't the US technically do this? Well, then the term " budget " is really pointless.

Explain it to me from an economic stand point.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm not aware of all the theories regarding where the money comes from, but I know of a couple.

One method of getting money that is by acting as drug dealers. Many believe that the CIA and other agencies sell drugs to raise money for their black operations. This allows the money to remain off the records and therefore anything they do with the money is unaccountable to congress or the executive office.

There is also the case where Donald Rumsfeld, on Sept. 10, 2001, said there was 2.3 trillion dollars of defense money unaccounted for. As far as I know, they stopped looking for it after the next day when the Pentagon was attacked. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Make of that what you will, but disappearing money and/or drug dealing could certainly help fund a lot of black operations.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosko
There is also the case where Donald Rumsfeld, on Sept. 10, 2001, said there was 2.3 trillion dollars of defense money unaccounted for.

Bingo. The budget just covers it. You think they spent 200 dollars on a Toilet seat? 100 bucks on a hammer?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Some of its Drug money.

Some of its Patent / Copyright royalities.

Some of its Private Sector Co-Opting.

Some of it is straight up from your taxes, mostly from money that is being spent on declared wars.

Governments cant just "print" money, that leads to inflation when the "world books" dont balance, but they can "acquire" legitamate money without you realizing where it is ultimately being channeled.

new topics

top topics

join