It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dragees': Silver coated confection. INEDIBLE and TOXIC, but sold as food decoration?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

'Dragees': Silver coated confection. INEDIBLE and TOXIC, but sold as food decoration?!

articles.latimes.com

...private citizen Pollock took it upon himself to rid every last supermarket shelf, specialty food store and mail-order purveyor in California of those tiny silver-covered sugar balls you've been licking or flicking off the top of your cupcakes since you were a tyke....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fda.gov
www.slashfood.com
www.thekitchn.com
www.sfgate.com

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mercury and silver bio-accumulate in the body, which means there is no mechanism in our systems to rid us of these toxic heavy metals.

How can the cooking industry sell confection that is intended to be put on cookies and cakes that contains mercury and silver?! "NOT INTENDED FOR CONSUMPTION"?!

How in the world is anyone supposed to know that?! I have never seen any warning labels on cookies for God's sake!

I checked the FDA's website and found an article prohibiting the sale of these items.

Yet when I searched the web, I found literally 100's of sites selling them without warning that they are not for consumption! Just type in 'dragees' to Google and see multitudes of sites selling poisonous food toppings!

articles.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The FDA doesn't prohibit the sale of them. They just recommend that you don't eat them. But, I mean, you can. I have and nothing happened to me. I wouldn't eat a whole thing of them, but to be honest... people use silver for all sorts of weird medical conditions and as "cures" for things. The tiny amount in the dragees is negligible.

Besides, the gold ones are probably even better, because tons of food, especially confections, contains gold plate or gold dust. And that's edible, too.

They clearly are edible and clearly not toxic unless you down like, fifty at a time, probably.

join