It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript of Mohammed al-Qahtani in Guantanamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I just sort of stumbled across this, and didn't see it anyplace. Can anyone tell me if this is real?

blog.detainee063.com...

Snip:

The detainee arrives at the interrogation booth at Camp X-Ray. His hood is removed and he is bolted to the floor. SGT A and SGT R are the interrogators. A DoD linguist and MAJ L (BSCT) are present.

Session begins. The detainee refuses to look at SGT A “due to his religion. This is a rapport building session.

Detainee states he’s on hunger strike. SGT A explains the affects of a hunger strike on the body. SGT A runs “love of brothers in Cuba” approach.

The detainee refused to answer whether he wanted water. SGT R explained with emphasis that not answering disrespects SGT A and embarrasses him. The detainee said no, he didn’t want water. The detainee continues to say he’s on hunger strike.

Sorry, but if real, I find this interesting, and am gonna go read a bit more now. Any thoughts?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ganja]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Really? No one is interested in the transcript from Guantanamo? Also, these are being released in real time from 7 years ago. This is a tanscript of the interrogation of the first person captured in the war on terror that the government admitted to torturing. Some of the stuff in the logs is very sad, and the tactics being talked about in such an emotionless way... kind of creeps me out. It's like they don't care that they are doing this stuff to another human being.

*Mods: should this be moved to "war on terror" or...?

**Oh n/m I'm not at my best this morning..hahahaha (apparently it IS in war on terror). Oops

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ganja]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow!!
No i think people will be interested it just has to remain near the top for a while, reply to all posts to keep it up there. People should read these transcripts as they are an insight into the acts of war.
Regardless of your stance on torture and detention, you should at leats go over the facts to establish yourself on a side of the debate you find true.
It is easy for one to have opinions without reseraching or basing them in anything.
That being said im off to read, good find!!!
Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply! I gotta say, I do find myself being morbidly curious as to the different methods used to break someone down. Even if this is edited (I would be amazed to find that it isn't, considering how hard the government has been pushing to keep anything from Guantanamo from getting out from under tha rug since those pics), the logs delve into different tactics used.

Also, sorry I haven't had much time to read through as much as I would like, family stuff, ya know? I'll do some more diggin' tonight

new topics

top topics

join