It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth Horse of the Apocalypse – Pale or GREEN?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The Fourth Horse and horseman of the Apocalypse is described in an end-time prophecy in Revelation 6:8...
...the horse is described as 'Pale'.

“I looked, and there before me was a pale (chloros) horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and death, and by the beasts of the earth.”

The word translated 'pale' is the Greek word chloros...
...it is the Greek root from which we get the word 'Chlorophyll' and Chlorine.

(chloros) is used elsewhere in The Revelation...
“...and all green (chloros) grass was burnt up.” Revelation 8:7
“...they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green (chloros) thing,” Revelation 9:4

...and in the Gospel of Mark.
“...upon the green (chloros) grass.” Mark 6:39

I suppose it was too much for the English translators to have a Green horse...
...so they opted for the 'pale' meaning of the word...
...meaning a 'pale green' or 'yellowish pale'...
...the kind of color a person can go when sick.

GREEN also has a contemporary meaning that could fit the schenario described.

With this GREEN theme in mind, lets have a look at the other symbols.

The one who rides the horse is death.

Death is followed by Hades (Pluto) a god of the lower regions...
...so a killing is timed to coincide with a 'disclosure' of gods.

They (rider and Hades) are allowed to kill 25% of the earth using the following...
...a sword, famine, bodily death using beasts of the earth.

Sword
The word translated Sword is rhomphaia...
...this is a large sword, like a long Thracian javelin...
...it is a kind of long sword worn on the right shoulder...
...and is the weapon of a military expert or professional.

Famine
Famine means scarcity of harvest...
...but I want you to consider that viruses often kill by starving body cells of essential nutrients...
...this is the case with HIV AIDS where the virus competes for the trace mineral Selenium and three amino-acids cysteine, tryptophan, and glutamine...
...which are necessary for the endogenous production of Glutathione Peroxidase.

Most viruses take advantage of nutrient deficiencies in the host...
...or deplete the host of nutrients.

Death
Death (thanatos) is specifically 'death of the body'.

Beasts of the Earth
'Beasts of the earth' can refer to...
...political or religious powers and/or actual organisms, whales to viruses...
...and in biblical apocalyptic as in dreams symbols can carry several meanings.

In conclusion, could this mean that a...

A world power with a GREEN motive...
...causes physical death of 25% of humanity...
...by using an expert/professional militarized biological weapon...
...in advance of or coincidental to a disclosure of the gods?

[edit on 11/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

To be honest I've always been mystified as to why there would be both a "white" horse and a "pale (white)" horse. The pale green makes perfect sense, so your translation would make more sense to me. Given two valid translations, green would be the obvious to me even if not to others.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

That's a pretty neat interpretation. I had not heard of that one before...good job.

I only want to say that, death comes...for everyone.
Every knee bows naturally, at death, so indeed every knee bows.
The name Jesus, which every toung confesses...."I [state your name]....do so", as I'm sure you know from translating words means, or better yet IS "self existent salvation". To be saved in this name, you must be "doing" this name, that is "SELF Existent Salvation". "Forbid not the children to come UNTO ME". "Whom so ever you have done this too, so too have you done it UNTO ME".

Eternal life comes from eating from a tree right? "Now lest he take from the tree of life and live Aeon.".... The tree of life....you know it as "the family tree".

Only the son can see the father, because the son has fathered and if he hasn't he doesn't see (himself) the father.....there is no mystery to the bible...it speaks clear....it's what the reader chooses to understand...reality (truth/completed action) or imagination (thoughts/dreams/Vanity).

You gotta jumpstart on the words but don't stop at the big ones, EVERY word needs you to see it as it was said if you want to understand, not how it has been translated to english or any other language for that matter. Hebrew, Greek, and English

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Or,it could mean the color of Islam?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
That was really interesting! When I have drawn them I do bone white which is sort of sickly dull yellow and in imagining I think of 4th Horseman as skeletal. Actually I do them sort of in different states of decay:

White Conquest: Youthful and eager
Red War: Older and experienced
Black Famine: Old decaying
Pale Death: Skeletal

I think by green it would mean like rotting diseased flesh because well... if you have seen a dead body before...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I think you're off point here with the Green.. nice work though...

I'm more convinced that it is .. in fact not "green"...
... but BLUE.. or ... "ashen".....

.. one important thing to note is that in the New American Bible translation edition 1995 .. the word 'pale' had been changed to 'ashen'.
link - nasb.scripturetext.com...
Now, in the final text of the bible, even though Revelation was written by John, it says that the words are 'Christ's' .. and that whomever changes the wording in this section of the bible .. their name will be erased form the 'book of life' ...

that aside.. it's interesting to consider the importance of a word change, given that threat that John wrote that 'Christ' said....
so whomever changed it must have done it for a very important reason.

'ashen' ...
what's 'ashen' ?

Denver Airport 'Bluecifer' night-MARE 'Mustang' sculpture -
google image search for it -
images.google.com...
represents a giant 'ashen' horse with glowing red eyes.
research 'denver airport murals' to understand deeper understanding of the occult symbols and image communication held within..
given the mysterious airport's previous knack for impertinent imagery, and masonic markings...reports of underground fascilities.. I doubt the mustang sculpture is any different in it's importance.....

many people call it the 'zombie horse'....

en.wikipedia.org...
Ashen could mean:
* Having a colour resembling ash (the unburnable solid remains of a fire). In a medical context, ashen equate with cyanosis, referring to a bluish hue resulting from a lack of oxygenation of hemoglobin in the blood.

what's 'Cyanosis' ??
en.wikipedia.org...

Cyanosis is a blue coloration of the skin and mucous membranes due to the presence of > 5g/dl deoxygenated hemoglobin in blood vessels near the skin surface. Although human blood is always a shade of red (except in rare cases of hemoglobin-related disease), the optical properties of skin distort the dark red color of deoxygenated blood to make it appear bluish[1]. The elementary principle behind cyanosis is that deoxygenated hemoglobin is more prone to the optical bluish discoloration, and also produces vasoconstriction that makes it more evident. The scattering of color that produces the blue hue of veins and cyanosis is similar to the process that makes the sky appear blue: some colors are refracted and absorbed more than others. During cyanosis, tissues are uncharacteristically low on oxygen, and therefore tissues that would normally be filled with bright oxygenated blood are instead filled with darker, deoxygenated blood. Darker blood is much more prone to the blue-shifting optical effects[2], and thus oxygen deficiency - hypoxia - leads to blue discoloration of the lips and other mucous membranes. The name is derived from the color cyan, which comes from kyanous, the Greek word for blue.

a note on cyanosis and zombiesm report -
from - irelandsown.net...

Zombies, or the walking dead, are also associated with Voodoo. In the 1980s, Harvard anthropologist and ethnobotanist (author of The Serpent and the Rainbow), Wade Davis, met with several renowned Voodouns in Haiti, South America, the U.S. and Canada, in an effort to obtain the secrets of creating a zombie. Davis also studied several zombies to find what ingredients they had ingested and/ or what ingredients or poison may have been inadvertently applied to their physical bodies. He noted that zombies were indeed poisoned, and experienced cyanosis (bluing of the face due to oxygen starvation) and paresthesia (tingling sensations) before being buried alive; and then revived in a state of incoherence and catalepsy. Note: This is why zombies appear to be dead, during catalepsy the body becomes rigid and consciousness and feeling may be temporarily lost...long enough for the person to be presumed dead and then buried!

this horse sculpture is blue... ashen ...

symbolic of what's to come.

now when you read the rest.... the 'ashen horse's' name .. is DEATH .. and following close behind was HADES....
Hades is the land of the UN-dead... the dead whom have come back to life.

so you have the undead following death...
people dying then being re-animated in a massive disease outbreak...

IMO there's going to be a zombie apocalypse implemented by scientific means.. on the January 15th, 2010 annular eclipse 'Zombie Moon'...this, the "Nacht der Untoten" (Night of the Undead)......

you can find out more speculation about it plus some hollywood warnings about it in the movie in the 'chronoclysm' link in my signature below.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Nice! Green horse it is!

A lot of things in the Bible have been suppressed or changed over the centuries (like the whole "if the wife isn't a virgin" thing). I imagine it woulda been hard to sell people on the idea of a green horse!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

The word translated 'ashen' in the NASB is stilll the Greek word 'chloris'...
...and elsewhere in the NASB 'chloris' is also translated 'green'.

I like your imagination though...
...blue could be good if it had some anchor in the Greek text, which it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Or,it could mean the color of Islam?

en.wikipedia.org...

I am familiar with the modern Evangelical tendancy to read Islam back into the Pale/Green horse...
...I think it is a flawed interpretation.

Notice the preceeding three riders...
...they have no name given to them
...each is carrying something...
...White rider has a 'bow'...
...Red rider has a 'great sword' but this one is a 'machaira' which is a short sword or dagger not a 'rhomphaia'.
...Black rider has a 'pair of scales'.

The action ascribed to the rider in the first three is singular...
...White - "...a crown was given to him; and he went out conquering..."
...Red - "...to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth...and a great sword was given to him.
...Black - "...and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand".

But the Pale/Green rider carries nothing...
...he is the only one named and is followed by another...
...and the action is ascribed to both of them in concert...
..."...authority was given to them..."

The fourth rider is 'Death' and he is accompanied by Hades who is also known a Pluto or Orcus.
(who was Tolkien's inspiration for the 'orcs' in The Lord of the Rings)

Hades is not a place but a being who acts in concert with Death.

I don't think this describes Islam...
...but the emerging GREEN/Disclosure/Vaccine environment.

[edit on 11/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Pale (green) horse whose rider is named "Death"...(Rev.6:8)

Isn't Islam described sometimes as a "Culture of Death"? (See link below)
www.beliefnet.com...

Green is the color if Islam
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not claiming to have the answer. I'm afraid it does fit in with the times we're living in though.

As for the "green" agenda and being taxed to death,to me that sounds more like the black horse,whose rider is holding the pair of scales...(Rev.6:5)

Interesting subject though!

Maranatha!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Nice! Green horse it is!

A lot of things in the Bible have been suppressed or changed over the centuries (like the whole "if the wife isn't a virgin" thing). I imagine it woulda been hard to sell people on the idea of a green horse!

really??? they sold the people on the idea that there was a mythical god up in a mythical heaven. selling the people on a green horse is easy.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by prevenge

The word translated 'ashen' in the NASB is stilll the Greek word 'chloris'...
...and elsewhere in the NASB 'chloris' is also translated 'green'.

I like your imagination though...
...blue could be good if it had some anchor in the Greek text, which it doesn't.

that's my point.
someone went against the word of Christ.. risking having their name removed from the book of life.. as per Christs warning at the very last paragraphs of the bible...
and changed 'pale' to 'ashen'...

that must have been very pertinent reasoning behind making that distinct specific change... for what reason? ... it was the 'american' version after all...

people don't go and change words in the bible for no reason..

well...

i'm not imagining that there's a giant blue zombie sculpture at Denver International Airport, a place where they make huge paintings illustrating the apocalypse...

i'm not imagining that an 'ashen' horse... is on par with symbolizing Cyanotic Zombism...

i'm not imagining that Hades ...
en.wikipedia.org...

refers both to the ancient Greek underworld, the abode of Hades, and to the god of the underworld.

so we can agree that both interpretations are available...

yet i'm more convinced that 'gods' of the greek pantheon refer to specific symbolic psychological aggregates representing aspects of humanity and culture rather than actual living beings... but believe what you want.

keep believing it's green.. though i'm of mind to think that you're missing out on a great deal of the bigger story of what's to come just as the Masons are spelling it out in front of your face for you to see with their imagery and statues...

maybe you need to research the denver international airport a bit more and/or the bluecifer mustang statue a bit more to get what i'm saying.

imagination is a good thing.. especially when used to decode esoteric meaning behind symbols implemented by the most powerful people in the world... to connect the dots of visible, real world phenomena.

-

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
After quite some time,i decided to come back in ATS to check things out not because i missed this place but because i'm bored as hell right now.
I saw this and i decided to log in and post.

The horse is not described as chloros but as ohros "ωχρός" which means "pale" *(if you want to be literal,actually it can be yellow-ish or even red but we use that word to say that someone looks pale).From chapter 6:

8 Και είδα, και να, ένα άλογο, ωχρό, κι εκείνος που καθόταν επάνω σ’ αυτό ονομαζόταν θάνατος, και ο Άδης ακολουθούσε μαζί του· και τους δόθηκε εξουσία επάνω στο ένα τέταρτο της γης να θανατώσουν με ρομφαία και με πείνα και με θάνατο, και με τα θηρία της γης.

This is not the first time i've seen the greek language being misused (ill-intented or not).It happened before,it happens now and it'll happen in the future i guess.

Anyway,i just thought since i was here to give a "heads-up".

EDIT:To add *

EDITno2:To say that i didn't read the rest of it since your point was about the "horse" being "green",right?

Ooh!I came back for a third time lol.I think there was just a mistake there.He probably wanted to write "χλωμός" ("chlomos or hlomos) which is the modern way to say "pale".In the other hand,if it's an innocent mistake,you didn't bother to see that chlomos and chloros are different,right? :/
Innocent mistake or not,i don't know,whatever.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Oceanborn]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

What text are you using?

In the following sources...

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
Scrivener 1894 Textus Receptus
Byzantine Majority
Alexandrian
Hort and Westcott

...'χλωμός' is used in Revelation 6:8 and not 'ωχρός' as you suggest.

Is that what you meant here?

Ooh!I came back for a third time lol.I think there was just a mistake there.He probably wanted to write "χλωμός" ("chlomos or hlomos) which is the modern way to say "pale".In the other hand,if it's an innocent mistake,you didn't bother to see that chlomos and chloros are different,right? :/
Innocent mistake or not,i don't know,whatever.

I read and translate Koiné Greek...
...and my references were made using the above texts and first century usage...
...but I see your confusion if 'χλωμός' in modern use means 'pale'.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I checked random texts i found online (greek ones).

There's no confusion really,you said that "pale" in greek is "chloros" which is not,it's "chlomos".In greek texts you'll find it saying "ochros" or "chlomos".

So,where "chloros" comes in?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

the word in the original Greek, in Revelation 6:8 is "chloros" - χλωρός
but has been mistranslated as "pale"

the original text from the 1881 Westcott-Hort New Testament:

και ειδον και ιδου ιππος χλωρος και ο καθημενος επανω [αυτου] ονομα αυτω [ο] θανατος και ο αδης ηκολουθει μετ αυτου και εδοθη αυτοις εξουσια επι το τεταρτον της γης αποκτειναι εν ρομφαια και εν λιμω και εν θανατω και υπο των θηριων της γης

(i underlined the word in question)

Strong's #G5515

G5515
χλωρός
chlōros
khlo-ros'
From the same as G5514; greenish, that is, verdant, dun-colored: - green, pale.

&

G5514
Χλόη
Chloē
khlo'-ay
Feminine of apparently a primary word; “green”; Chloe, a Christian female: - Chloe.

G5515 is mentioned only 4 times in the NT, with the other three occurrences being in reference to grass or growing things, as already shown earlier in the OP.

there's no question, linguistically speaking, that the original word intended meant "green."

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I checked random texts i found online (greek ones).

There's no confusion really,you said that "pale" in greek is "chloros" which is not,it's "chlomos".In greek texts you'll find it saying "ochros" or "chlomos".

Dear Oceanborn, if you go to the following url...

www.greeknewtestament.com...

...you will see a comparison of the Greek texts listed below for Revelation 6:8

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
Scrivener 1894 Textus Receptus
Byzantine Majority
Alexandrian
Hort and Westcott

There is no question that χλωρός is the word used.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
As for the "green" agenda and being taxed to death,to me that sounds more like the black horse,whose rider is holding the pair of scales...(Rev.6:5)

Have a listen to Jane Burgermeister here and elsewhere...
...you might reconsider.

[edit on 12/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Indeed,now i get what you meant.
Sorry for the missunderstanding!

Anyway,since i joined this thread i'll post these up:
www.jesuslovesyou.gr...

8Kοίταξα, λοιπόν, και είδα ένα άλογο που το χρώμα του ήταν κίτρινο προς το πράσινο,

Here it describes the horse's colour as yellow to green (which adds up a bit to what you're saying)

www.patmosislandinfo.gr...
In this one calls it "ochros".

www.revelationofjesus.net...
In this also it's called "ochros" and other than that in the links i found yesterday there were a few texts saying pale (chlomos) instead.I can't find em since i don't remember exactly the exact words i typed in the search engine.

I don't know guys,some texts differ a lil bit in that point and i think that's because the original has been translated too many times.
I think you'll have to look into much older versions to confirm it (or not).

EDIT:I just wanted to say that the reason i was suspicious earlier was because i've seen similar situations where people indeed either misuse words or they even make up some just to back up their claims.Nothing personal.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Oceanborn]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Indeed,now i get what you meant.
Sorry for the missunderstanding!

Anyway,since i joined this thread i'll post these up:
www.jesuslovesyou.gr...

8Kοίταξα, λοιπόν, και είδα ένα άλογο που το χρώμα του ήταν κίτρινο προς το πράσινο,

Here it describes the horse's colour as yellow to green (which adds up a bit to what you're saying)

www.patmosislandinfo.gr...
In this one calls it "ochros".

www.revelationofjesus.net...
In this also it's called "ochros" and other than that in the links i found yesterday there were a few texts saying pale (chlomos) instead.I can't find em since i don't remember exactly the exact words i typed in the search engine.

I don't know guys,some texts differ a lil bit in that point and i think that's because the original has been translated too many times.
I think you'll have to look into much older versions to confirm it (or not).

EDIT:I just wanted to say that the reason i was suspicious earlier was because i've seen similar situations where people indeed either misuse words or they even make up some just to back up their claims.Nothing personal.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Oceanborn]

I find this very interesting for a number of reasons...
...and I am glad you challenged me.

The earliest versions clearly use 'chloros' - χλωρός
The modern Greek 'translation' clearly uses 'ohros'- ωχρός

I think what has happened is this...
...Modern English versions translate 'chloros' - χλωρός as 'pale' even though it is not used this way elsewhere in the Koiné Greek versions.

It would be interesting to see how the earliest foriegn language versions translate it.
The earliest English version I have access to is the Geneva Bible 1599...
...it translates 'chloros' - χλωρός as 'pale'.

I think what has happened is this...
...'pale' has been used to describe the horse by the early translators...
...perhaps they could not come at a 'green' horse, even though that is what is meant...
...then when modern Greek versions were produced they used the modern Greek ωχρός (pale) to mirror the common translation of the word in other languages.

It establishes further for me the GREEN preference for the color of the horse...
...and the contemporary application to the meaning of the word GREEN.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join