It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP? would like your thoughts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I watched the conspiracy theory with jesse ventura great program! anyways my question is how do they point harp in the direction that they wanna use it? I dont doubt the technology and the heating up of the atmosphere and what not. I just want to understand how if can be use as a weapon and point in a direction to effect any certain area. It's my understanding that it can just be point up or down and if that is the case its really uncontrollable and will mess with weather patterns without any real control? I hope this doesnt sound like a dumb question and if it is you can delete my post but i'm just trying to understand the only thing i could think is if the pointed it out into space and there are some mirrors on a satellite or something to get it point into a specific direction!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by haringr]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by haringr

I think Harp is used to protect our jet streams.
Did you see the Harp in Norway? It looks like the one in Alaska
but they are hiding it in the trees.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I doubt it has to do with protecting the jet streams what major benefit to the military would that provide? the military wouldn't be involved on such as high scale as they are if that what it was for. heres another link with some info on HAARP and what the military's plans are for it. my only question is how can they use it in any certain direction other then pointing it up and down i wanna know how they can say ok i want something to happen here in this specific area how do they beam it there? because everything i've seen is they can heat up the ionosphere or point it at the ground and cause earthquake like problems.

link

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by haringr

Dependendant on the ELF frequency range. the signals can be directional by being bounced off the ionosphere. HAARP also has the ability to tap into the ionosphere (making it even more powerfull), heating it thus making it extend higher than normal. Hence why it can distabalise local climate and weather by heating up the upper atmosphere.

ELF waves have many applications.

At certain frequency ranges they have the ability to penertrate deep into the local rock of specific areas, distablising the crystaline structure of the local rock in resonance thus creating geological instability and plate failure on susceptable fault plains.

Our own brain also work on the ELF wave bands. They can act as a transmitter and reciever.

The brain has a frequency range of between 6-10 hertz; the 6-10 being varying emotional states.
The pulsing of ELF in those ranges can effect moods and also introduce sound, which our brains interpret as words. Thus they have the ability to inflict terror on you, and at the same time put words in your mind... A kind of MK Ultra version 0.2.. So you hear voices

This piece of technology has already been tested in Iraq..

HAARP, and sytems like it , with TPTB in control, are all over the world, and are the biggest threat to humanity....

[edit on 013131p://f55Thursday by Selahobed]

[edit on 013131p://f58Thursday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The abilities and purpose of HAARP are well known, and it's nothing sinister. You can even tour the facility. It's not top-secret. It's not dangerous.

You can read all about it on Wikipedia, including the accusations it's something else, and the in-depth, accurate rebuttals. I don't know why people get so caught up thinking it's something else. It's like people saying their pet cat is some sort of nuclear fusion reactor sent to the planet by aliens. I'm not knocking anyone - clearly these misapprehensions come from a fundamental lack of knowledge of the subject at hand, but why they'd suddenly leap to the conclusions they do is startling. Rational thought, people! It's what got us where we are today!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

So its a comms system for submarines in deep water huh???

To quote Jesse Ventura; the US military DOES NOT invest that much cash into a system unless it can be weaponised.... The people ARE NOT STUPID dude!!!

They only have "tours" every 2 years, so i had better book myself in now huh???

I have higher physics degrees and know FULL WELL what this thing is capable of, and people who do not have those degrees are not stupid either

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I have great respect for you, Selahobed. Your response in the thread about the opposite of Indigo Children was spot on - you harangued a lack of critical thinking and a lack of evidence, and you did it well. And then you post the above in this thread, showing a complete lack of critical thinking. You are claiming things without evidence, without fact. As Carl Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You have the claims, but you don't have the evidence. That is terrible.

HAARP's goal is to research the ionosphere and see whether it can be used for communication. Not just for submarines, but simple, effective global communication, eavesdropping, and sensing. That's it. Of course the military spends that much money on things that aren't directly weapons - they have done in the past (the internet, for one), and especially on things as essential as communication. It doesn't matter how much you spend on weapons if you can't communicate with them. HAARP regularly publishes the results of its research, and only because most folks don't understand even what the ionosphere is (or, according to your post, how the human brain works), they add 2 and 2 and get eleventy thousand.

It would be fantastic if you used rational thought in all your posts, otherwise it's rather hypocritical when you lambast some for a lack of rational thought, then engage in it yourself a few hours later.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just thoroughly confused at the cognitive dissonance you're displaying.

If you're right, and HAARP is doing dangerous, strange things, if you can't prove it with evidence, rational thinking, diligent research, you'll be labelled a crazy person, and ignored. That won't help your cause one iota. You owe it to yourself, and those you purport to try to protect, to research this accurately. The scientific method is not just your friend, it's your life blood. Without it, your argument dies.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the compliments on my critical reasoning.. Socrate's has had a field day with me, and my former fiancee who taught socratic reasoning at uni in australia... lol... I AM a woman lol...

However, as someone who KNOWS the applications of this system, and after years of research in quantum mechanics and geology, and seeing these things work first hand in Northern Ireland to stop bombs.. Electronic warfare.... Then move up another level in terms of biological systems response to external frequencies???....

Come on!! How stupid are we???

This info is free to anyone on youtube who has in interest in induced scaler mind control....

Truth is. HAARP has soo many applications that does not only live in my mind, mathematics, or applications, this diapole array can do more than the inventors realize, and i fear for the world when they do.....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

There is a lot of interesting stuff on YouTube, but I wouldn't ever use it for researching anything, other than Rick Astley videos or funny cats.

Where is the peer-reviewed research on this subject? If you don't have that, you don't have anything.

First-hand experience? Care to share?

I'm sure you believe what you're saying, but I've yet to see a single scrap of evidence that demonstrates HAARP is up to anything other than they say.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by haringr

Dependendant on the ELF frequency range. the signals can be directional by being bounced off the ionosphere. HAARP also has the ability to tap into the ionosphere (making it even more powerfull), heating it thus making it extend higher than normal. Hence why it can distabalise local climate and weather by heating up the upper atmosphere.

Wait...It can tap into the ionosphere which makes it go higher than normal? Yet this somehow makes it effect local weather?

May I ask how? When the ionosphere (where HAARP goes) is over 50km above the surface of the earth and the troposphere (where the weather is) is less than 15km?

Also, is there any data to back up this effect on local weather?

Or are you just making things up?

Quite unbecoming of someone with a higher physics degree methinks...

[edit on 11/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No! It's a conspiracy! Everyone really knows the ionosphere is at 20km, and so is the weather. Meteorologists and atmospheric scientists are part of the conspiracy too! They don't want us to know the truth! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by haringr

I'll take a stab at answering the question as to how they direct the beam of energy to a specific point or target. I'm no expert but I have read "Angels Don't Play This Harp" which is a well researched work and a must read for anyone interested in this subject.
The HAARP array is part of several antennae systems set up around the world , not just in Alaska. Supposedly satellite systems have been put in place recently that make land based systems such as HAARP already obsolete.
I believe what they do is adjust the frequency or wavelength patterns of the signals from several antennae systems causing them to overlap at the targeted areas. This creates a higher concentration of energy in that area which makes the ionosphere heat up.
They are actually able to use the ionosphere as a large battery or capacitor which stores the radiowaves for a shot time resulting in more energy being released than can be produced at any one given time.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

HAARP is located at one location. It only affects the ionosphere directly above it, and not anywhere else in the planet. They don't use the ionosphere as a large battery or capacitor any more than you are currently using your computer screen as one just by looking at it.

Nick Begich, Jr.'s book Angels Don't Play This HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology is not well-researched. It's rubbish. It's only a must read for people who like a good joke, or those who want to be told falsehoods.

Read this page if you want some actual, real, verified details on HAARP. Of course it will show that all you believe about HAARP is not real, so you'll probably not read it. After all, the idea that you know some secret, esoteric information about HAARP is probably more entertaining to you than the idea that HAARP is just a run-of-the-mill scientific atmospheric experiment.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If it only effects the area directly above it than how can it be used to communicate with submarines as your source page implies? I am just asking as a matter of concern and for my own understanding.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It can't communicate with submarines, but the effects and phenomena it's researching could be. It's research, not the final device. A cursory read of the information about HAARP will tell you that.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

www.internetpirate.com...

Although the link to this page does work, it looks like most of the links on the page have been taken down or changed. It makes further serious discussion much less significant and begs the question why would such an informative ,actual, real and verifiable source be void of anything verifiable, real, or informative?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

True, the links are a bit dated. Just read the Wikipedia article, including the links to the project's site itself, for more information. The page I linked to has some great background information, and even without links citing its sources is just as believable as all the information the project's detractors have.

There is no evidence that HAARP is anything other than it says it is. None. Not one shred. And yet here we are, having this discussion.

new topics

top topics

join