It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Market Really Is Falling.... What Do You Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Let's assume for a moment that I am completely correct with my call for a market reversal. I'm talking about a major stock market selloff that lasts for 6 months. What do you do?

I use inverse ETFs to take a short position and profit from the fall.

What would others do with all the cash they receive from selling stocks? Where is the next ride, the next fast horse, the sure thing for a buyer?

I am also assuming that the entire market is rigged, insiders know the fall is coming, and they have to do something with their U.S. Dollars received from selling the U.S. stocks that they have profited handsomely on since early March 2009.

What do they do with the U.S. Dollars?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Good question, and one that I am interested in also. I have no good pointers or tips, but will keep a close eye here to see if anyone else does.

Edit: I will say that I am planning to get out soon, I will watch it daily, and hope to get my timing just right. But I will put it somewhere safe. I won't have the chance to make as much, but then I won't lose as much either.
(As I have in the past).

[edit on 12/10/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i track a few equities, which profit from a falling market:
DZZ 13.32
FXP 8.05
SKF 25.23
SKK 21.97
SDS 36.44
SJH

there are several ETFs that prosper by factors of 2X, 3X of declining markets.

so, theres enough of them to go around, and sustain themselves for a prolonged decline.

if not, then you gotta go for gold... because the long term plan is for a basket of currency comprising the G-20 plus 10% of real assets,
which is Gold backing to support this new global currency.

If the GT-20 needs 10% of its float of $20Trillion of new currency,
then theres a lot of UP room for gold valuation, as these nations' central banks buy enough gold to back up their portion of the G-20 basket-of-currency

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Get out of that whole ponzi scheme. The entire stock market is one big pump and dump ponzi scam now.

You know, when the market takes another dive, that will be it for the US economy and the US dollar. Regardless of which direction our economy takes, we still have a huge foreign debt that needs to be serviced, and a debt that keeps increasing with each passing day too. When the economy takes its next dive, the US dollar will become worthless when we can't service that debt. Our creditors will cut us off and foreclose upon America.

It won't matter what you have invested in, because the underlying currency you've invested with, and the economy you've invested in, is history. It won't matter how much money you have if it's in a currency that nobody wants to swap resources and labor for.

Best thing you can probably do now is to take your money and run. Buy a few hundred acres somewhere out in the wilderness where you can survive out of harms way, build a little cabin for yourself, plant your garden, and wait for the next world war to break out.

So long as our national debt keeps increasing, things will never get better. It just can't. I'd get totally out of that stock market ponzi game and convert any US dollars into something tangible instead of these risky promises printed upon pieces of paper. Those piles of dollars won't be worth much when you can't find anyone willing to trade you things, such as food or oil, for them. And the inflation monster can turn all your paper dreams into confetti overnight too.

Nothing has been fixed, thus things can only keep getting worse. Think survival mode, not greed and profit (everyone still playing that game when the dollar crashes is gonna get burned no matter what they were invested in).

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi! Buy a forclosed house in a good location. Fix it up, and rent it out.
You then have someone paying off the house and you make a small profit, and you get a tax break. I was doing this when the stock market crashed,
during the last two years. I would have lost my money, now I have it where I can't spend it and its in a hard asset. All of it was supposed to be long term investments. My kids learned alot helping to fix up a house that had twenty three cats wandering in and out of broken windows for a year.
It was gross and in terrible shape. My children learned the importance of good grades and woking hard. Their grades were superb that year! This also helps a community out so that their neighborhood doesn't decline into drugs. It is a humanitarian project.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
What would others do with all the cash they receive from selling stocks? Where is the next ride, the next fast horse, the sure thing for a buyer?

Buy gold! Well, that's what the TV tells you todo. So you should listen!

I am also assuming that the entire market is rigged, insiders know the fall is coming, and they have to do something with their U.S. Dollars received from selling the U.S. stocks that they have profited handsomely on since early March 2009.

Good assumption. You're probably right on, here.

What do they do with the U.S. Dollars?

Well, my gut feeling is telling me TPTB are going to introduce an entirely electronic currency next. Based on Credits. Not dollars, euros, or yen.

You work for credits, you buy in credits and things will be sold in credits.

Just my opinion. But, if I'm right, call it a conspiracy!

top topics

join