It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats! You've Won An Opportunity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Zerra,

Yes, I understand that you didn't use the word 'just' and I think we are in agreement.

You asked about personal experiences regarding teachers and student. I believe that I am one of the millions in the world today who are becoming self-Aware in order to ultimately become self-Realized. This last goal is the ultimate goal for all of us. Jesus came to this conclusion when He said "My Father and I are One". Despite the torrent of strife and turmoil that circles around us, He who is self-Realized is at peace.

I've been on my path of learning for decades now am only now beginning to realize that I may have stumbled on some very simple truths. We as human beings are dual in nature, we are made up of the Observer and the Observed. The Observer is not involved in time and space and is therefore immuned to any of the conditioning that occurs to the Observed. The Observed is what we call our body, mind and spirit. And for clarity sakes, the spirit here can be defined simply as 'energy', the words are interchangeable.

It is the mind, spirit and body aspects of ourselves that experiences creation. The Observer stands back and watches while the Observed experiences. Our goal is to eventually become self aware and realize that anything that occurs in creation is subject to conditioning and therefore subject to change and therefore not real. This is why the Buddha says that all life is suffering, because all life changes in time and is therefore illusionary. He also said that there is a way to alleviate this suffering.

So what is this way of 'alleviated suffering'? Apparently, according to the Maitreya teachings on the 'Laws of Life', this path can be accomplished by anyone. You don't have to be a guru or a saint and you don't have adhere to any particular religion. It simply entails living life with three basic principles: Honesty of Mind, Sincerity of Spirit and Detachment.

Living life according to these three principles is the simplest and the most direct path towards salvation and self-Realization.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thankyou, your post was lovely.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join