It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The origin of pregnancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The origin of pregnancy.

Which came first? The baby or the two adults which made the baby?

Also during the first original pregnancy how was the umbilical cord cut from the baby to the mother? What was used to cut it? Did the father help back then?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Tormentations]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is something i've thought about too.

I wonder what the very first woman to become pregnant thought when she started noticing her belly get bigger, and then her amazement when later a little person popped out of her, and how did they know that they had to cut the cord.

I've also thought about how babies were able to survive back then, living among dirt and animals and the weather conditions, whereas today everything has to be sterilized and closely monitored.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The first human would have been born via our ancestors. It's like the chicken or the egg thing, it would be the egg that came first(baby). As for umbilical cord i don't know who would have cut it.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
good question, My thought is that we wether evolved or created didnt have that problem of wow why is my belly getting bigger. If we evolved then it was a natural occurance and that was something we didnt really think about. Does a dog or monkey say wow i am pregnant/ they just know. If we were made wether it be from some supreme power or other life forms then we might have been instructed or taught. If you look a human baby you can see that it can not survive with out a mother caring for for many years, I cant think of one other animal that has to do that, so there is your answer right there. we had to have been made and the chicken had to of come first.

But that question makes me wonder, how can we could have been created to what we are, and if we were created ,who created our creator?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding horrifying to someone (or at least a bit cringe worthy), the chord is delivered alongside the placenta. I recall finding out that if it isn't cut it just falls off on it's own.

Now, my own sources for that are a few books I was reading during my pregnancy with my daughter, it may be off. Taking a look at the animal kingdom, it seems logical that our own ancestors would behave in a similar fashion. More than likely using the placenta as nutrients.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Most animal eat placenta umbilical cords and stuff, and probably some strange humans too!! I expect they may chew through it, or use a rudimentary tool like a piece of flint. I reckon as for the pregnancy itself it's a totally natural thing and part of or instinct to know whats going on.

Although saying that even though we are an incredibly advanced species today, some women are not aware that they are pregnant until very late or during labour!

top topics

join