It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Iran's Supreme Leader Disappeared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I believe that he has been taken to a safe place ahead of protests and or bombings. This is pretty wild.

(IsraelNN.com) An underground Iranian activist has told Israel National News that the country's highest official -- Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei -- was spirited to a "secret place" for his own safety and that the nation's religious leaders are "scared." The source - an activist in the global Iranian pro-democracy movement who is involved in assisting a group of some 30,000 students located in Tehran and several other major cities - said Khamenei has disappeared. It is the Supreme Leader who controls Iran's foreign policy, and specifically its decisions regarding its nuclear development activities. "I am told that Khamenei was taken to a secret place to monitor the situation and perhaps for his safety, and a helicopter was ready with a pilot in it to perhaps fly him out to Russia if the situation got out of hand," the source told Israel National News on Tuesday. "I am also told that prominent clergy went to meet with him hoping to force him to show leniency.... [Our consensus] is that [the] mullahs are scared."

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Perhaps to Russia if the situation gets out of hand? Now that is something.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Not a reflection on you, but this story is probably 10% accurate and 90% exaggeration and speculation.

The problem is that it is in Israel's best interest to show that Iran is fractured, divided, and heading towards chaos. Why? Because then everybody in the world will rally behind the fight to stop Iran from developing nuclear capabilities.

The reason that I think this is the purpose behind the article is because it specifically says:

It is the Supreme Leader who controls Iran's foreign policy, and specifically its decisions regarding its nuclear development activities.

In essence they are trying to say that the guy responsible for being in charge of Iran's nuclear program has disappeared (inferring nobody is watching their nuclear activities) and is running scared (who wants a guy running for his life in control of nuclear power?).

Lastly, although Russia and Iran seem to have developed a deeper relationship of late -- hiding their head allatoyah would be a stretch in my opinion. Possible, I suppose though.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Excellent points lpowell0627. I did take it into consideration that it came from an Israeli newspaper. I figured I would put it out there though as it still may be true. We'll see soon enough. With the threats of attacking Iran, I thought this was significant.

join