It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptical about ESP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Skeptical about ESP?
Don't believe that we have a 6th sense?
I'm sure people would love to hear your skeptical views!
Tell everyone why you don't think it is possible,
and what you think about ESP and the paranormal in general.
There is a difference between a cynical view and a skeptical view.
Are you cynical or skeptical?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
*crosses fingers that this isnt a trap to get flamed*

i dont trust predictions much, because of the easy way to twist what you have said to make yourself correct.

Ive heard things like "a man with 4 letters in both his first and last name will win the Bush-Gore Election" (no s**t)

and like the predictions about the sept. 11th attacks, "two [iron?] birds came out of the sky...etc". Words can be twisted to fit the interpreters meaning. I remember a thread (i cant remember where it was, ill look for it) that everyone was trying to show how a certain religion was reflected in a specific movie(the matrix, i think)Every person that had an arguement with fairly good backup about why their idea of what religion it reflected was right.

I think its the same with predictions. If nothing happened on a certain date, no one would even suspect anything SHOULD have happened. BUT if something like sept 11 happened, all of a sudden there are all these sources that predicted it.

Funny how that is.

edit: the thread was www.abovetopsecret.com... and it was about the matrix! i remembered. go me

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
im skeptical, not about esp, but about things that dont sound or feel right.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nope, is not a thread for flaming, thats not what it is meant to be at all

I agree, people make a lot out of nothing sometimes. Or twist things to make it look like there is something. Or write things after the fact and claim they did.

I tried to do future predictions globally a few times, as an excercise for myself, and left it as is. Looking back about 5 or 6 years later was fun...LOL I think to some extent it can be done, but I dont know of anyone who wrote down the exact happening of 9/11 before it happened. Did you check out the thread on 9/11? The one thing where someone actually DID sort of in a round about way see it, was freaky, but its the only case I know of where someone hit the nail on the head and that was an accident on behalf of an artist. His picture actually showed both towers blowing up, but he has no clue that it would happen, he was just doing what an artist does, using his imagination to make an image for an album. To me, those are the best kinds of ESP, cause no one was trying to prove or predict anything, it just sort of came out.

Thread that has the 9/11 things:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another good example is Nostradamus, He can be taken and fit into almost any situation.

Being skeptical is good, everyone should be IMO.

Then you have people like Ms Cleo, who really screw things up for people who do have a legit interest and make everyone look bad.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was sitting here thinking about this, and I wonder why some people have such a hard time with people even exploring and trying to do these things for themselves? I guess I can only speak for myself, and I am actually my worst skeptic/critic, but I wonder why some people have a hard time with healthy exploration and the practice of ESP?

Maybe that is the root idea behind this thread now that I think about it.
Its a self exploration thing for me.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
That's because most people refuse to leave their comfort zones, if you know what I mean.

top topics

join